Removing Excess Adhesive From Floor Tiles

Category Floors
Floor tile adhesive is necessarily very sticky and difficult to remove. Using the right solvent is the key to removing any adhesive. This is a page about removing excess adhesive from floor tiles.

We installed peel and stick floor tiles in our kitchen and the adhesive from the back is seeping thru where each tile joins together. What can I use to clean this without ruining the finish?

Thank you.

By diane from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers

Best Answer

I would try a cloth (wrung out/not wet with it but damp) damped with isopropyl alcohol which you should be able to get from a chemist (pharmacy) or a hardware store, I think. I sell many types of adhesives here in Australia and so it is the best stuff generally as a solvent that isn't dangerous and doesn't leave residue. (Don't use methol!) As always, try in an inconspicuous area first. (The citrus stuff above will work well too but isopropyl leaves no residue. I like less steps!)

What can I use to remove adhesive from vinyl tiles. I just had the kitchen floor done and the guys were not careful when applying the stuff. Some is coming up between the tiles!

Answers

Try acetone or nail polish remover. Try on a spare tile first.

If you want, you could contact the flooring guys to come re-inspect and clean off the excess adhesive vinyl.

You can try using a little bit of rubbing alcohol or white vinegar to remove the excess adhesive.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 25, 2015
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-23 15:44:42 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️