Installing Self-Stick Tiles Over Ceramic Tiles

I have a tile backsplash in my kitchen that I do not like. I want to cover it up, but removing the tile is impossible. The bottom 1/3 is glossy subway tile, the next row up is 1 inch square pieces, and the top 1/2 is glass 1 inch squares. I do not like the look. Will covering it with peel and stick tiles work? What can I do?

By paula from Seattle, WA

Answers

Best Answer

I am not sure if this will work for you, but years ago I used adhesive back "contact paper" on the tile back splash in an apartment kitchen. Most of the tile was solid beige, but orange tiles were placed at random intervals. I found a striped contact paper that coordinated with the solid beige tile. I cut squares of contact paper the exact size of the tile and covered only the orange tiles. I did not cover the grout lines. Presto, the orange tiles disappeared and my kitchen had a new look for less than $10.

Best Answer

I believe there is a paint which covers ceramic tiles. Seems I recall watching a "home style fix it" type show in which the owner did not like the color of her bathroom tiles so she painted over it.

Sorry I don't have the name of the product. Maybe try a tile store, or Home Depot etc.

Answer this Question

I have white ceramic tiles in my kitchen and I can't keep this floor clean, because it has an outside door. Any ideas for covering up the floor? Would sticky back floor tile work? Any other ideas?

I am trying to install self-stick floor tiles over an existing ceramic tile bathroom floor. They will not stick on that surface.

Is there some type of bonding agent that would adhere the 2 surfaces? I am trying to avoid doing a sub floor.

Home and Garden Home Improvement FlooringNovember 30, 2016
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf49838364.tip.html