Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Category Decoupage
Decoupaged Ceramic Tiles
Decoupage is one method for making decorative ceramic tiles. This is a guide about decoupaging ceramic tiles.

Can anyone tell me how to decoupage tiles and trays? I'm a really new beginner crafter, so please be specific. I've seen some of the tiles, for example, that are decoupaged and they are so beautiful that I'd like to try it for myself. I also have this plastic tray that I'd like to decoupage to match my kitchen, since the tray is the wrong color. Thank you so much.

By Metroplex from Houston, TX

Answers:

Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

You wanted step by step instructions: familycrafts.about.com (04/20/2009)

By Anonymous

Is there a way to decoupage a ceramic tile to be used as a coaster?

By Teresa from Crosby, MN

Answers:

RE: Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Number one -don't use Mod Podge! It never really cures. I did this, and got a lot of feedback about how everything stuck to them, and it had been months since I had done them. Use Royal Coat (several different finishes available) or Enviro-Tex. This is an epoxy product that hardens beautifully and is completely clear. It's fussy to use, but the results are beautiful.

You can use any white glue or decoupage product to secure the design to the tile, then mix up the Enviro-Tex (available on-line, and at Michael's and Hobby Lobby) and apply as instructed. Word to the wise, make absolutely sure that the tile is "completely level" before applying the E-T. Otherwise it just runs right off! Add some cork circles to the bottom of the tiles to keep from scratching surfaces and you're all done. Good luck, and I hope I've helped you avoid the hassles that I had to learn from. (03/27/2009)

By pollylev

Decoupaging ceramic tiles is fun and easy. Although smooth, white tiles work the best, choosing tiles of pale shades and different textures gives you more options for interesting effects. The thinner the paper you choose to use, the better and don't forget to varnish. These are decorative tiles, not hot plates.

By Lisa from Thessaloniki, Greece

Decoupage Tiles

Decoupage Tiles

Decoupage Tiles

Decoupage Tiles

Answers:

Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Much more interesting than I expected, very nice. (08/06/2007)

By kimhis

Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Hi Lisa,
These are really nice! I would even like to try this.
I used to decoupage years ago on wood. I have never thought of tile.
Thank you for showing the pictures of your work.

Love and hugs,
Marcia in California (08/06/2007)

By Marcia

Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Wow, you are very talented! Thanks for sharing with us the beautiful tiles you've made, and God bless you!
(08/07/2007)

By tedsmom

Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

Excellent work! Thanks for sharing. (08/09/2008)

By badwater

Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles

My wife decoupages tiles also (among other items) and sells them on a crafting site called etsy. I even had to create a finish that was durable enough for these tiles to be used in building or renovating projects. The ones listed here are very nice and decorative. She would really love to know someone else appreciates decoupaged tiles. Everyone thought she was crazy for doing tiles but what better canvas to decorate?

She's always tearing images out of mail order catalogs, newspapers, gathering old wrapping papers, calendars, napkins, almost any decorative paper image that catches her eye she will put it away for a future decoupage project. The tiles don't have to be new. Old homes which are being torn down are a gold mine of free tiles, some with odd shapes. (08/19/2008)

By Max

RE: Decoupaging Ceramic Tiles