Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 163 Posts

Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.I have been using spray adhesive for some different crafts lately. I have noticed once it gets on your hands, it is stuck quite well. You can't use rubber gloves, because all you'd do is stick to your project.

Last week, I had been working on a project using spray adhesive. When I went to scrub my hands I couldn't get it off. I used Dawn dish detergent and a scrubby pad, but I still had quite a bit of residue. I found a bottle of lotion and liberally added it to my hands and rubbed it in for about a minute. I washed and rinsed my hands and the residue was gone. Finding this little remedy after battling to get it off made my project much more enjoyable.

By gem from VA

More Solutions

Bronze Request Medal for All Time! 65 Requests

Recently I read on this site that Caress soap keeps mosquitoes away, so I went out and bought the bar soap and bath gel. Forget it, it doesn't work on the mosquitoes in Houston! But I started using the bath gel and noticed something unusual.

I had some surgery on a toe and had to use a latex free bandage to wrap it. When I removed the band-aid, I got some of the residue on my thumbnail.

I decided to try a drop of baby oil and it came right off.

5 Questions

Any suggestions regarding the removal of adhesive residue left behind when removing transdermal pain patches? I have been using Soft Soap with pumice like auto mechanics use for their hands, but that does not always remove all the adhesive residue without an extreme amount of scrubbing.

Thanks for any advice.

By Stewart R. from Buffalo, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I've used hand sanitizer to remove glue residue. It works really well.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts
Best Answer

Skin friendly baby oil, mineral oil, and even vegetable or olive oil and, as already mentioned, use a cotton ball ;-)

Best Answer

I use either non acetone nail polish remover or Goo Gone.

Answer this Question

I use a V-Go insulin pump and it sticks to me using adhesive, but I can't get the adhesive residue off my skin which is making my skin extremely irritated and itchy. I have tried the normal alcohol and finger nail polish remover. All of which burn or irritate more. I want to try and stay away from harsh chemicals. Thanks.

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Try an ice cube to freeze it, and then pick it off gently. Don't leave the ice on too long.

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts

Try rubbing coconut oil over it then putting a warm compress on it for several minutes.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts

I would try coconut oil, olive oil or even hand cream.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

What about ice? Just leave it on a second or so

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks

A thin layer of old fashioned vaseline may help. Let it sit for a few minutes then apply a warm wash cloth and gently try to remove the residue. Cover the skin that had the residue with Neosporin if you have redness of the skin after the adhesive is removed.

Call your doctor immediately if the redness persists or feels hot.

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 14, 2013
🌻
👔
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Adhesive-Residue-on-Skin.html