Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

Do steam cleaners take out dog poop stains? I have a beige carpet and my dog pooped everywhere. How do I get those stains out? A steam cleaner?

Mike from Ft. Riley, KS

Answers:

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

Yes, a rented steam cleaner will get the stains out. You can pre-treat them with a thin paste of OxyClean and water (test and make sure your carpet is not lightened by this). Then run the steam cleaner over it 4-5 times until the stain disappears. Don't try to save money and use some other soap in the steam cleaner. Go ahead and get the mondo expensive stuff they sell. I have never found a good alternative. For the last go-over, use clear water to try to rinse the soap out of the carpet. Then do a once over with no water, just to suck up what moisture is left in the carpet. Say goodbye to those poop stains! (04/21/2008)

By Shelley

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

Buy a can of Spot Shot. You can get it at Wal Mart or probably any grocery store, where you find the other carpet cleaners. I have cats, not dogs, but it removes any stain they make. I haven't found anything yet that it won't remove. (04/22/2008)

By Jean from MS

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

I have cats who sometimes have tiny "accidents" and stain our cream colored carpets. I've found this wonderful product called Zero Odor that works like a charm. It was sold on a TV informercial and is now sold online. Works on odors and stains, I was really surprised how well it works on old stains too. Even will take care of urine. (04/22/2008)

By Bethanne

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

We have a Bissell steam cleaner. It works great. (04/22/2008)

By Gary

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

I swear by Nature's Miracle which is a white bottle with red lettering, at Petsmart. I have dogs and cats and it has worked with every accident. (04/24/2008)

By Victoria

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

I have also found that a mixture of baking soda and water made into a paste works great. I have used this on pee and poop stains and on blood stains. (11/28/2008)

By Chantel