Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

Do steam cleaners take out dog poop stains? I have a beige carpet and my dog pooped everywhere. How do I get those stains out? A steam cleaner?

Mike from Ft. Riley, KS

Answers:

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

Yes, a rented steam cleaner will get the stains out. You can pre-treat them with a thin paste of OxyClean and water (test and make sure your carpet is not lightened by this). Then run the steam cleaner over it 4-5 times until the stain disappears. Don't try to save money and use some other soap in the steam cleaner. Go ahead and get the mondo expensive stuff they sell. I have never found a good alternative. For the last go-over, use clear water to try to rinse the soap out of the carpet. Then do a once over with no water, just to suck up what moisture is left in the carpet. Say goodbye to those poop stains! (04/21/2008)

By Shelley

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

Buy a can of Spot Shot. You can get it at Wal Mart or probably any grocery store, where you find the other carpet cleaners. I have cats, not dogs, but it removes any stain they make. I haven't found anything yet that it won't remove. (04/22/2008)

By Jean from MS

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

I have cats who sometimes have tiny "accidents" and stain our cream colored carpets. I've found this wonderful product called Zero Odor that works like a charm. It was sold on a TV informercial and is now sold online. Works on odors and stains, I was really surprised how well it works on old stains too. Even will take care of urine. (04/22/2008)

By Bethanne

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

We have a Bissell steam cleaner. It works great. (04/22/2008)

By Gary

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

I swear by Nature's Miracle which is a white bottle with red lettering, at Petsmart. I have dogs and cats and it has worked with every accident. (04/24/2008)

By Victoria

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

I have also found that a mixture of baking soda and water made into a paste works great. I have used this on pee and poop stains and on blood stains. (11/28/2008)

By Chantel

Pug puppy wearing devil horns and tail costume laying with head down next to cleaning bucket with rubber gloves, sponges, and various cleaning supplies
Cleaning Dog Poop Stains Off a Rug
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄