How to Remove Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

Category Carpet
Poop accidents can happen if you own a dog. There are a few ways to remove the stains and odor from your carpet, including enzyme cleaners, Dawn dish soap, vinegar, and carpet cleaners. Read on the find the solution that best meets your needs.

I need advice on how to remove dried dog poo (Beagle) and pee stains due to my being in hospital for 3 days.

Answers

Best Answer

Prayers for your healing!

If you don't have a rug Doctor or other wet/dry cleaning machine I suggest renting one and using the enzyme cleaner they offer.

First pick up the dried poop and flush, pretreat all stains per the bottle, then run the machine. If you have any lifting or pushing restrictions, please find someone who can help!

Blessings! Feel better soon!!

Best Answer

Try to get as much dog poop you can off your carpet. Then use a mixture of dawn dish soap, some white vinegar with water.

Allow solution to absorb into the carpet for a few minutes and blot. Repeat until fully removed.

Best Answer

You will need to use an enzyme cleaner to get rid of the smell and the stain. I would rent a rug cleaner at your local store and use this to clean the carpet in your home. it is a lot easier to do this than to clean it by hand.

Best Answer

So it is a little gross, but you have to "re-hydrate" the dried poop so that you can remove it. To do so, use 1 tablespoon of vinegar into 1 cup of warm water (each cup should work on 2 areas depending on how large the are--so make up enough for your space).

Pour the mix on the area, let it sit, and it should loosen the poop and then it can be removed.

If you can't do this...I would hope you have a friend or family member who would help...yes, gross job, but that is what loved ones do for loved ones.

If this and the cleaning don't work, you may need to have the area professionally cleaned or more expensive, I know, but maybe the carpet should be removed and tossed.

Safety first when you are recovering from an illness and if you can't get it hygienic, it may be best to start over.

If you need help with all of these things (including financial resources)...the hospital where you were should have a social services department. These folks are trained to deal with every situation under the sun and (if they are worth their salt) they have resources to help. Ask!!

Post back with updates! Prayers will continue!

Best Answer

I'm sorry but I just do not agree with this being a DIY type of situation.
I have been in numerous hospital 'stays' and if you were there for 3 days then I do not believe you should be attempting any of these things.

It's clear that you need your carpets clean and you certainly do not want your baby to return to any of these spots after the carpet is cleaned so please, try and find a way to have a professional clean your carpets.
They will have the correct formula of enzyme cleaner to do the job and you will not have put yourself in danger of an injury.

You should buy a container of enzyme cleaner to have on hand in case your dog finds a spot in another room and that is easy for them to do.

Best Answer

What I have done in this situation is to moisten the spot with water and put damp paper towels on it overnight. The next day scrape up what you can and then clean with a carpet cleaner. Use cool to warm water, not hot. Some of the spot cleaners in a can do a fair job too. Good luck.

How do I get rid of dog mess stains on a carpet?

Answers

Best Answer

Dog stains on carpet.

Step 1
I would make a paste of vinegar and baking soda.

Step 2
Apply to each stain,leave on about 1 hour.

Step 3
Scrub using a scrub brush with warm water and a bit of dish soap.

Best Answer

Step 1
Remove the excess fecal matter

Step 2
Use a Laundry/Pet stain remover

Step 3
Blot with cold water and detergent

Step 4
Scrub with bristle brush

Step 5
Remove the excess moisture

Step 6
Deodorize with vinegar

Step 7
Rinse

Step 8
Dry

Best Answer

You will need:

Latex gloves
Garbage bag or plastic grocery bad
Warm water
White vinegar
2 Bowles
Paper towels
Fork
Baking soda
Vacuum cleaner

Step 1
Use the fork to scrape up the dried feces. You will use a raking motion on the carpet to do this.

Step 2
Remove as much of the dried feces as possible. Do not damage the caret. If you see the fibers of the carpet pulling you will need up stop.

Step 3
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the rest of the feces.

Step 4
Mix 1 ½ cups of warm water with 1 cup of white vinegar, and mix well.

Step 5
Pour the solution on the floor over the stain.

Step 6
Use paper towels to blot the stain. You want to absorb the excel liquid.

Step 7
Keep adding the solution and blotting the excess water until you see the stain is gone.

Step 8
Sprinkle baking soda over the area to eliminate any orders.

Step 9
Vacuum the area to remove the baking soda and any remaining fecal particles.

Step 10
Spray the area with Lysol to kill the bacterial.

Best Answer

How easy these stains will disappear depends on how old the stains are as well as what type (material) of carpet you have.

Step 1
If possible, try to determine what type of carpet you have as wool may require some different methods than regular polyester type carpets. If no idea, then always test a cleaning method on an inconspicuous spot before trying it on a larger area.

Step 2
Here is an easy method that works for most carpet stains.

Step 3
Spray the stain with a pre-wash laundry stain remover. Use one that has 'Oxi-Action' or similar reference. 'Oxi' is the key word.

Step 4
Have a bucket of cold soapy water close by and using a cloth and the soapy water scrub the stain. (Liquid dish washing detergent (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup) is quite suitable to use to make the water soapy).

Step 5
Repeat spraying the laundry stain remover and scrubbing the stain. Rinse the cloth out regularly in the soapy water. You may need to use a scrubbing brush as well as a cloth. Do this until there is no stain visible.

Step 6
Using paper towels, absorb as much of the moisture as possible. Put the paper towels over the area and step on the towels until it is saturated. Then repeat with fresh towels until there is little or no moisture.

Step 7
Removing the dog poop odor - Make up half a cup of 50/50 white vinegar and water and pour it over the stain. You may need more than half a cup if the area is large.

Step 8
Repeat the process previously described using paper towels to absorb excess moisture.

Step 9
Sprinkle the area with a good handful of baking soda and work it into the carpet with your fingers. Allow to dry, usually overnight. Drying can be assisted with a fan or heater. When the baking soda is dry you can vacuum it up.

Step 10
There is also a good product for this called Resolve Pet and it is made in several types for different areas but it has to say "enzymes" on label or it will not work.

When removing pet stains from carpet, do not reach for ammonia or ammonia-based products as these may just bring your pet right back to the spot.

How do I clean solid waste dog stain from wall to wall carpet? It is low pile, probably synthetic, and beige in color.

By Charlene from Scottsdale, AZ

Answers

I love Kids N Pets cleaner. Im 48 and have owned pets since I was a kid. Its the best cleaner I have found for everything!!!
You spray it on, I like the stream setting to get deep down into carpet, let it set for a few minutes, blot spot, and the stain is usually lifted leaving a fresh scent.

Last night my dog pooped all over the floor. I have tried everything I can think of to clean it up. I have tried Nature's Miracle, Resolve, Folex, 2 different carpet cleaner machines w/cleaning solution, and a vinegar recipe I found online. Nothing works. Does anyone have an idea as to what to do or try?

By Greg from Springfield, VA

Answers:

Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

Go to Walmart, Home Depot, or even the grocery store and buy a can of Spot Shot. It's a blue can with an orange cap. You'll find it with the carpet cleaners. I haven't found anything yet that it won't remove. In my case, it was cat poop. It worked. (08/15/2009)

By Jean

Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

I've been there! We have two dogs and between mishaps, poops and pukes (ew!) we've had our time of it keeping up with the stains.

You must purchase, and always have on hand, Planet Urine. Just search for it online and you'll find it. It works! I can honestly say that this product has changed my life. It even removed several old Kool-Aid and Amoxicillin stains that I had written off as permanent accessories to our house!

I don't work for them, I don't get anything from them, but I rave whenever I can. I would purchase this product even if I didn't have pets. It will get out just about any stain.

They have a "try it" or skeptical sample or something like that, that is very reasonable, if you want to go on the cheap. It is rather pricey, but you only need to use a very small amount.

Best of luck! (08/17/2009)

By Elizabeth

Removing Dog Poop Stains from Carpet

Since you've already tried so many products on this already you might want to call a professional carpet cleaner and ask them what they suggest, but be sure you tell them all of the things you've tried because they each contain assorted chemicals that may have already set the stain because of interaction.

You could also try, in a non-conspicuous place like your closet, to test spray hydrogen peroxide (3% USP that you can get at the grocery store or pharmacy and might even already have on hand) and that might work because it has a slight 'lifting' effect. (08/19/2009)

By Deeli

How can I remove dog poop stains from my carpet?

By DONNA from Coconut Creek, FL

Answers:

Removing Dog Poop Stains From Carpet

Use a steam cleaner definitely. Use hot tap water and 1 cup Resolve carpet cleaner and only press handle going forward and don't spray (handle) when coming backwards. The key is to do this slowly. Good luck. (04/09/2009)

By carolcoen

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJanuary 29, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-06 10:05:05 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️