CarpetCleaning

Removing Dry Dog Poop on Carpet

I need advice on how to remove dried dog poo (Beagle) and pee stains due to my being in hospital for 3 days.

Prayers for your healing!

If you don't have a rug Doctor or other wet/dry cleaning machine I suggest renting one and using the enzyme cleaner they offer.

First pick up the dried poop and flush, pretreat all stains per the bottle, then run the machine. If you have any lifting or pushing restrictions, please find someone who can help!

Blessings! Feel better soon!!

Thank you and God bless you too. But due to medical problems, can't pick up dried poop off of carpet-it's stuck. Need to know how to get dried poop off of carpet before I can steam clean.

So it is a little gross, but you have to "re-hydrate" the dried poop so that you can remove it. To do so, use 1 tablespoon of vinegar into 1 cup of warm water (each cup should work on 2 areas depending on how large the are--so make up enough for your space).

Pour the mix on the area, let it sit, and it should loosen the poop and then it can be removed.

If you can't do this...I would hope you have a friend or family member who would help...yes, gross job, but that is what loved ones do for loved ones.

If this and the cleaning don't work, you may need to have the area professionally cleaned or more expensive, I know, but maybe the carpet should be removed and tossed.

Safety first when you are recovering from an illness and if you can't get it hygienic, it may be best to start over.

If you need help with all of these things (including financial resources)...the hospital where you were should have a social services department. These folks are trained to deal with every situation under the sun and (if they are worth their salt) they have resources to help. Ask!!

Post back with updates! Prayers will continue!

Wet Vac, or old fashion cleaner with scrub brush made for the type of floors you have!

Thank you for replying, but don't have floors-have carpeting. In hospital for 5 days, beagle used carpet.

Blue Dawn diluted in warm water.

Try to get as much dog poop you can off your carpet. Then use a mixture of dawn dish soap, some white vinegar with water.

Allow solution to absorb into the carpet for a few minutes and blot. Repeat until fully removed.

You will need to use an enzyme cleaner to get rid of the smell and the stain. I would rent a rug cleaner at your local store and use this to clean the carpet in your home. it is a lot easier to do this than to clean it by hand.

I'm sorry but I just do not agree with this being a DIY type of situation.
I have been in numerous hospital 'stays' and if you were there for 3 days then I do not believe you should be attempting any of these things.

It's clear that you need your carpets clean and you certainly do not want your baby to return to any of these spots after the carpet is cleaned so please, try and find a way to have a professional clean your carpets.

They will have the correct formula of enzyme cleaner to do the job and you will not have put yourself in danger of an injury.

You should buy a container of enzyme cleaner to have on hand in case your dog finds a spot in another room and that is easy for them to do.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetSeptember 25, 2019
🎃
🎂
🌻