Removing Hard Water Stains

For hard water stains in dishwashers, tubs, sinks, washers, almost anywhere, I use Lime Away. It's sold in local dollar stores, Walmart, etc. A lot of stores carry this product. I used to be a housekeeper and used this faithfully.

You really should use gloves, and the smell is pretty strong, but believe me, it really works wonders. In dishwashers I let it run though the whole cycle. Once you use this product you'll never be without it.

Source: Gained knowledge through years of cleaning.

By "A" from Wheeling, WV

Answers:

Removing Hard Water Stains

I can't afford Lime Away, so I found a product called "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner (the one in the larger bottle). It works miracles on calcium and rust. Even our Dollar Tree has it. (11/24/2009)

By hibbardg

Removing Hard Water Stains

Hey, this is it! I tried every method on this topic and still had streaky water spots on glass doors. Someone mentioned grout cleaner, so I went digging through my garage and found Restore4 colored grout cleaner. I used it with a green scratchy pad and it worked! After rinsing with clear water and squeegee - they shined. It even stood the direct sunlight test. I am using clarifying shampoo (for chlorine in hair) and a squeegee to maintain. (02/02/2010)

By houstonred

Removing Hard Water Stains

A professional window washer told me there was nothing he could do to remove water spots from a window that the irrigation system had been hitting. So I read all the reviews on this site, and tried a couple of solutions.

First was a Scotch Brite (steel) wool soap pad. It did a fair job. Then I tried Bar Keeper's Friend (for stainless steel sinks). I applied it with a damp sponge then flipped the sponge over to the scrubby side. After only a few minutes of mild elbow grease, I wiped the residue off with paper towels, then washed with Windex. Spots were gone! I was amazed and very pleased. Didn't scratch the glass, either. (03/22/2010)

By kathyks7

Removing Hard Water Stains

I'm not sure if they sell it here in the US but if they do it would probably be in the cleaning section. For those of you who go to Mexico there is a product (very inexpensive) called Acido Muriatico. It's a white bottle with a red top and red letters. That will take the stains away in a second! All you have to do is pour some on a sponge or an old rag and just wipe (no scrubbing necessary) the glass. Rinse it off and they are gone. Just make sure you put some gloves on to protect your hands because it will dry your hands if you don't. After you try it, you'll love having those glass shower doors. (04/11/2010)

By GloEd

Removing Hard Water Stains

RE: Acido Muriatico (GloEd)
AKA: Muratic Acid

Found where pool supplies are sold. Very effective but take care to avoid injury to yourself and about anything else it comes in contact with. Check compatibility closely. Strong stuff. (04/22/2010)

By Campesino805

Removing Hard Water Stains

How to remove hard water stains?? I have literally tried everything, Lime Away, CLR, lemon juice, vinegar - the list goes on and on. I have purchased more useless (in my opinion) products and you know what worked miraculously? Tried and true SOS pads!

I would never have thought, but my mom said "do it" and it worked with little effort or time wasted, and at a low cost. Try it, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Worked on my car where the sprinklers had hit repeatedly, my shower doors, they are crystal clear now. (07/07/2010)

By mskim63

Hard Water Stains
Removing Hard Water Stains
Someone cleaning a tub with rubber gloves on.
Removing Hard Water Stains from a Tub
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Some wine glasses in a dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Deposits from Glassware
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
🎉
🎄