Removing Hard Water Stains from Showers and Tubs

To remove hard water stains from your shower all you need is Barkeepers Friend. Also works well on enclosed cook tops.

By onelady from TX

Answers:

I live in Hawaii and have used a product called MX-7 (for glass) on an old truck that had years of hard water spot buildup on all the exterior glass. It took the hard water spots off with little elbow grease. When my son bought a place in Las Vegas a year ago, I looked all over the valley for this product, but couldn't find it. I finally found it at one of the local hardware stores (Ace). They just started carrying it. I used it on his shower door and enclosure and like my truck, all the hard water spots came off. I then applied Rainx, bought a squeegee, and will be praying. (06/05/2009)

By Russ808702

Tried most of comments still didn't work on tiles in shower. Thought of 3m rubbing compound fine cut. A few drops on the tile and rub and it got most of it out first time. Went back over a second time and cleared up almost all of hard water stains over last decade. Next put wax on. (07/21/2009)

By jspain

Hard Water Stains
Removing Hard Water Stains
Someone cleaning a tub with rubber gloves on.
Removing Hard Water Stains from a Tub
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Some wine glasses in a dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Deposits from Glassware
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
🎉
🎄