Removing Mildew from a Tent

How can I remove mildew off my tent without damaging the tent and remove the smell?

Rlavander

Answers:

Removing Mildew from Coleman Tent

Have you considered contacting Coleman for advice? (05/28/2005)

By Marietta (guest)

Removing Mildew from Coleman Tent

I sprayed our tent down with a cheap window cleaner. Then wiped it off with paper towels. Left it set up in the yard for a day. Worked wonders! (06/05/2005)

By Chell

Removing Mildew from a Tent

Use vinegar to clean mildew. It kills bad smells and will rinse out clean. (01/03/2006)

By extras

Removing Mildew from a Tent

Wipe tent with 1/2 cup of Lysol to a quart of hot water. Let it dry, then mix a cup lemon juice, cup of salt, and a quart of hot water and apply to tent. Let dry then repeat again with the lemon solution, then rinse off and let dry out completely. (07/27/2006)

By Troy

REI recommends a commercial product specifically for mold. They say that lysol will also work, however it's scent will attract insects. So, maybe lysol had an unscented option.

My outside storage container leaked and I've got two tents pretty full of mold. I'm going out to try the white vinegar solution now.

Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Cleaning a Tent, Tent in wet conditions
Cleaning a Tent
Tent caterpillars in a tree.
Getting Rid of Tent Caterpillars
Blue and Yellow Dome Tent
Buying a Tent
🎉
🎄