Removing Mold from Fabric

Does anyone know how to remove black mold spots from a tweed cushion in an RV trailer? I have removed the cushion cover from the foam and washed it in vinegar and water in the washing machine. I did not put it in the dryer, but there are still some spots showing up. I didn't want to use bleach as it is a multi-color fabric.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

By Barb from Delta, B.C. Canada

Answers:

Removing Mold from Fabric

Hi, I had mold with black spots on a baby entertainer seat fabric. I also tried to soak it in vinegar and ran it through the wash and the spots were still there. So I then took some Clorox bleach cleaner spray and sprayed the spots and let it soak in cold water and sorta kept spraying the spots that I could see. Over the last half hour they have been diminishing and it is soaking in the cold water. As I spray the stubborn stains, I add a little bit of cold water each time. The black mold spots are almost totally gone and will be gone in about 10 min (I am currently doing this, lol). The colors are still vibrant! No fading/discoloration! After this I will run it through the wash again and presto! (02/08/2010)

By reneemattinson@hotmail.com