Removing Mold from Boat Seats

Category Cleaning
It is not uncommon for boat seats to develop mold. There are things you can do to not only remove the mold but prevent it too. This is a guide about removing mold from boat seats.

The easiest way to remove mold from boat seats is to use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. The mold comes right off. Just rinse and you are done.

By Rita from WI

How can I clean pink mold stains on my vinyl boat seats? Not any cleaner or bleach works to wash out these pink stains.

Answers

Gestault, Inc. makes a product called Pink Away. It was featured on Boating Magazine. www.boatingmag.com/pink-stains-on-boat-seats-fix

I have cleaned my vinyl porch chairs with one of the spray bleach products (usually the Dollar General Brand). OUTSIDE...I spray them down on a sunny day, leave them set for about 20 minutes and hose down with cold water.

If it doesn't get the pink ick the first time. I repeat, but before I hose, I take and old scrub brush to it and that usually does the trick. Rinse with cold water.

Always wear gloves and old clothes as this is a nasty process. Be sure not to get the spray on your skin (if you are like me and get a rash from it).

Hope this works for your situation! I hate pink ick!! We get it all the time when there are damp, humid evenings.

Magic Eraser or there's this big pink bar of soap called Zotes found in the 99 cent store get a toothbrush some warm water dip for toothbrush in the water then n take it and scrub it on the bar of soap till it gets soapy and then to the pink spots .. might also try peroxide or a little bit of nail polish remover just make sure you wipe it off real good with soapy water

I have a pontoon boat with lots of vinyl seats. We have recently experienced a new type of mold for us. We live in Mobile, Alabama where there is lots of hot weather and it is very humid. Our vinyl seats has a "purple" mold starting to grow and spread. We are a big believer in "Star Brite", but even this product will not remove the purple mold.

Can some please inform me of what type of mold this is and why it is spreading? What can I use to lighten or remove this purple mold from my beautiful cream colored seats?

Answers

A diluted bleach solution removes all types of mold.

purple? Could it be called pink? This is a by-product of a strep bacteria that is naturally occurring in the environment in the presence of heat, dirt and moisture. It's permanent. The seats weren't constructed to prevent the stain from occurring. Google "spradling pink stain". Spradlng manufactures marine vinyl, has had their materials fail and ,therefore, have done research to understand the problem and how to avoid it.

How do I remove mildew from vinyl boat seats?

By MI Sandi from Indian River, MI

Answers

Lysol Spray.

To remove mold from anything, straight vinegar is the best.

I need help getting mold off my boat seats. I have tried bleach, Awesome, 409, and Mean Green. It seems like it is deep in the seats. Please help.

Darlene from MS

Answers:

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

When we had mold develop on our boat seats, we cleaned them in the hot sun with Simple Green and rinsed well and let them dry in the hot Texas sun. Sun bleaches very well, so maybe it will do the trick along with all the products and scrubbing you have already done. Hope it works!

Tina (06/20/2008)

By Tina Brown

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

Krud Kutter at Lowe's or Home Depot, about $11 a gallon. It has no fumes, spray on, let it sit for a couple of minutes, wipe off with old towel. This marvelous product removes 99% of the stains/mold/mildew, etc. that I get in my garage. When it rains hard, the garage floods wetting the wallboard. Mold then grows. I simply spray the area and let it sit and soak in. Mold is gone overnight. I also add it to my laundry, gets grass stains off in the wash, on my dog's beds, my pillow cases, sheets, etc.

I have severe allergies and this doesn't bother me at all. It even removed the black soot from a light green painted wall and didn't affect the paint. Takes pee from grout. I use nothing else for stains. One can also power wash the vinyl siding on my home and leaves it looking like new. (06/23/2008)

By Joan

RE: Removing Mold From Boat Seats

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

For mold I use white vinegar and baking soda; sprinkle molded area with baking soda and then cover with a generous amount of white vinegar; let sit for 4 hours then clean as usual; if the mold is heavy it may take two tries; I've used it in the past for outdoor cushion left behind in winter worked great. (06/23/2008)

By Connie

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

I clean houses for a living and the best product I have found is Scrubbing Bubbles. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes. It is absolutely fantastic. I love it! I think this may work for you. (06/24/2008)

By busdrivr