Removing Mold from Boat Seats

The easiest way to remove mold from boat seats is to use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. The mold comes right off. Just rinse and you are done.

By Rita from WI

5 Questions

How can I clean pink mold stains on my vinyl boat seats? Not any cleaner or bleach works to wash out these pink stains.

Answers

Gestault, Inc. makes a product called Pink Away. It was featured on Boating Magazine. www.boatingmag.com/pink-stains-on-boat-seats-fix

I have cleaned my vinyl porch chairs with one of the spray bleach products (usually the Dollar General Brand). OUTSIDE...I spray them down on a sunny day, leave them set for about 20 minutes and hose down with cold water.

If it doesn't get the pink ick the first time. I repeat, but before I hose, I take and old scrub brush to it and that usually does the trick. Rinse with cold water.

Always wear gloves and old clothes as this is a nasty process. Be sure not to get the spray on your skin (if you are like me and get a rash from it).

Hope this works for your situation! I hate pink ick!! We get it all the time when there are damp, humid evenings.

Magic Eraser or there's this big pink bar of soap called Zotes found in the 99 cent store get a toothbrush some warm water dip for toothbrush in the water then n take it and scrub it on the bar of soap till it gets soapy and then to the pink spots .. might also try peroxide or a little bit of nail polish remover just make sure you wipe it off real good with soapy water

Answer this Question

I have a pontoon boat with lots of vinyl seats. We have recently experienced a new type of mold for us. We live in Mobile, Alabama where there is lots of hot weather and it is very humid. Our vinyl seats has a "purple" mold starting to grow and spread. We are a big believer in "Star Brite", but even this product will not remove the purple mold.

Can some please inform me of what type of mold this is and why it is spreading? What can I use to lighten or remove this purple mold from my beautiful cream colored seats?

Answers

A diluted bleach solution removes all types of mold.

purple? Could it be called pink? This is a by-product of a strep bacteria that is naturally occurring in the environment in the presence of heat, dirt and moisture. It's permanent. The seats weren't constructed to prevent the stain from occurring. Google "spradling pink stain". Spradlng manufactures marine vinyl, has had their materials fail and ,therefore, have done research to understand the problem and how to avoid it.

Answer this Question

How do I remove mildew from vinyl boat seats?

By MI Sandi from Indian River, MI

Answers

Lysol Spray.

To remove mold from anything, straight vinegar is the best.

Answer this Question

I need help getting mold off my boat seats. I have tried bleach, Awesome, 409, and Mean Green. It seems like it is deep in the seats. Please help.

Travel and Recreation Recreation Boating CleaningNovember 28, 2011
📓
🌻
🎂
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Mold-from-Boat-Seats-1.html