Cleaning a Pontoon Boat

Category Cleaning
Pontoon boats are great for enjoying a day out on the lake. As with any boat periodic cleaning will keep your boat looking nice for many years. This is a guide about cleaning a pontoon boat.

My husband and I bought a used pontoon boat in pretty good shape except the pontoon tubes or coated with a lot of scale from being left in the water for long periods of time. We want to clean it to be shiny again and want to know what to use to clean the scale and then what to use to polish it to get that shine again. Can anyone please help us?

Answers

My DH uses a pressure washer and all the gunk came right off.

By Ted Kolks (Guest Post)

I got a great tip from a friend, and just came in from using this product. Zing Formula IV.!!!! I swear by it. I inherited a '98 Crest pontoon, that had never been touched. I sprayed this on, it foamed up, and I rinsed it off. Pontoons are 95% back to original condition. i wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't done it myself.

Any other questions, please feel free to email me, theodore.kolks AT sbcglobal.net. I'd be glad to send you before and after pictures.

Toilet bowl cleaner called the works

Anonymous

Where can I purchase it? Zing Formula IV?

I have mildew on the rubber rub rails on my pontoon boat that I can not get off. I have tried a lot of commercial mildew removers to no avail. Any ideas?

Answers

Diluted bleach removes mold.

How do you clean the inside of the pontoon? We have a big problem with spider droppings.

By Frances