Cleaning a Pontoon Boat

My husband and I bought a used pontoon boat in pretty good shape except the pontoon tubes or coated with a lot of scale from being left in the water for long periods of time. We want to clean it to be shiny again and want to know what to use to clean the scale and then what to use to polish it to get that shine again. Can anyone please help us?

My DH uses a pressure washer and all the gunk came right off.

Start with acid wash Zing ,Sand under water portion ,orbital sander 220 ,300, 400 sand paper U R going to work your butt off . Go online its called Gords polish ,be sure u watch u tube video for proper application. 23 foot pontoon two logs inside and out 14 hours. Finish with product called liquid metal it is purple easy to apply long lasting using buffer Pictures upon request

By Ted Kolks (Guest Post)

I got a great tip from a friend, and just came in from using this product. Zing Formula IV.!!!! I swear by it. I inherited a '98 Crest pontoon, that had never been touched. I sprayed this on, it foamed up, and I rinsed it off. Pontoons are 95% back to original condition. i wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't done it myself.

Any other questions, please feel free to email me, theodore.kolks AT sbcglobal.net. I'd be glad to send you before and after pictures.

Anonymous

Where can I purchase it? Zing Formula IV?

Where do I find this Zing Formula IV?

Most major sites have it...like Amazon, Ebay, etc. so you can do price comparisons. This is the link for the company that makes it www.nycoproducts.com/.../

Toilet bowl cleaner called the works

I used Aluminum mag wheel cleaner paste cost $6 for my pontoon boat tubes. Made them look chrome . Lots of polishing took me 2 six hour days per side to get final results I wanted. Make sure you use a high speed buffer. I went threw 5 new buffer pads for both tubes.

The cost of pads are $26 a piece 3M pads. Make sure to only use foam pads and Terry cloth pads. Others clog up quick. Before and after photo of each side of pontoon boat. Never use auto wax or polish on a boat. It will film up. Always use marine products for water. I use 3M. Works the best.