Removing Rust From Chrome

How do you clean rust off chrome?

By Christie from Kona, HI

Answers:

Removing Rust From Chrome

I have found that fine steel wool works great, give it a try and see what happens. It work for me. (11/04/2009)

By LULUbobo

Removing Rust From Chrome

Try vinegar it should work, good luck. (11/04/2009)

By kffrmw88

Removing Rust From Chrome

There is a product called Navel Jelly. Just apply to the rusted area, let set, and then rinse away. (11/06/2009)

By dwmoar

Removing Rust From Chrome

Try rust remover for clothing in the smaller bright orange plastic bottle, letting it stay on the rusted area for about ten minutes, wiping, not rinsing, to see if it removed it. If so, then rinse with cold water. If not, try CLR. Good luck and God bless you. (11/07/2009)

By lyndagayle62

Removing Rust From Chrome

The Coca cola works great. I purchased a small muffler for a 1969 Honda z50 from eBay no one else would bid on it, I won it for $3.00 this item costs about $120 new. Completely covered in rust put in a box and poured Coca Cola on it let it set for about 5 minutes and rubbed with tin foil and then wiped down with a rag, look at her shine, awesome. I have before, during, and after pictures works great. Thanks a bunch. (12/12/2009)

By jlc2240

RE: Removing Rust From Chrome

Removing Rust From Chrome

See my other image of little muffler I purchased on eBay and cleaned up with Coca cola and tin foil. Here is the before picture so you can see what 15 minutes of work did. (12/12/2009)

By jlc2240

RE: Removing Rust From Chrome

Removing Rust From Chrome
Polished Chrome on Classic Car
Polishing Chrome
Rust on Chrome
Removing Rust from Chrome
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎉
🎄