Removing Stains From White Clothes

Tips for removing stains from white clothing. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Stains on White Clothes

Spray white vinegar and warm water on white clothes with stains before laundering. (03/29/2005)

By Kelly Letterman

Removing Stains From White Clothes

What an opportune tip - I have just had a black pen leak into the top pocket of a white shirt - a very severe stain. I almost removed it the last time this happened but it is so bad this time I have resorted to pouring neat bleach onto the stain, and then soaking it in a strong solution of bleach AND an oxy plus soaker. I'm going to leave it in there a couple of days but I suspect this shirt may be past redemption! (03/29/2005)

By Jo Bodey

Removing Stains From White Clothes

As long as the item that is stained is cotton/white then fill a large pot with water (heat the water) to very hot (not boil) add Bleach to the pot then add your garment and let it soak for a while. Take the garment out and re-wash in your washer and the stains will be removed from that garment. (03/29/2005)

By MissA1126

Removing Stains From White Clothes

For black gel ink or any other ink you can try aerosol hairspray directly on the stain, rinse in hot water and spray until stain is gone. The ink will turn a purpilish color then you just pre treat and wash.

For blood stains use hydrogen peroxide (bleach usually turns area brownish color). This is coming from a nurse with lots of trial and error. (10/09/2005)

By TJ