Removing Wallpaper Paste from a Wall

How do you remove wallpaper paste residue once you have already painted over it with a primer?

By Dale from Kirksville, MO

Answers:

Removing Wallpaper Paste from a Wall

I am afraid you will probably have to sand it smooth, if you've painted over it. I believe the paste residue is the hardest part of going from wallpaper to paint. It took me a full day using TSP, a plastic scraper, a sponge, (and then going back and rinsing it all) to clean my kitchen. Worth the effort, though. My nicely painted walls look good. (12/30/2009)

By Jilson

Removing Wallpaper Paste from a Wall

Well, just how bad is it? If you didn't realize you didn't have it all off until you primed (I know just what you are looking at) sanding it off is the only way I can think of. If it is entire walls, that task can seem impossible.

BUT, if you know how to do any type of ragging, colorwashing, or some other type of paint design you can camouflage it. (01/01/2010)

By Beth

Removing Wallpaper Paste from a Wall

I would say that sanding is the only way to make it smooth now. Try 120 grit sand paper. (01/07/2010)

By Hawker19

Removing Wallpaper Paste from a Wall
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🎄