Reuse Birthday Candles

This tip doesn't save a load of money but it does save about ten dollars a year for me and saves time shopping. I reuse birthday candles. I got tired of running to the store every time one of my four kids, husband, or mom had a birthday. The candles are lit only a short time. After we take them off the cake, I put them in a cup of soapy water. In a short time, they can be rinsed off and dried to look as good as new. I keep them in their original container, taped shut, or in a zip-lock bag after I am sure they are dry. Sure helps to know you already have them whenever you need them.

By Lyn from Taylorville, IL

Reuse Birthday Candles

I've been reusing candles for years and years. Even the numbered ones. I wash them thoroughly, then store them till next time to be used. Sure saves time and money.

By blavergne

Reuse Birthday Candles

In case you ever buy a cake at Sam's, you can get birthday candles for free--either a box of plain candles or the numbers. (05/29/2010)

By susanmajp

Reuse Birthday Candles

Definitely a good, green and thrifty idea. Thanks for sharing. (06/03/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Reuse Birthday Candles
Vinyl Name Tag Holder
Reuse Vinyl Name Tag Holders
A slice of birthday cake with a half candle.
Celebrating a Half Birthday
Blue letter blocks spelling out happy birthday.
17th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip