Reuse Plastic Containers for Seedlings

I love to recycle the plastic containers from single applesauce servings and even plastic baby food containers. I'll poke holes in the bottom of the containers with a pair of scissors, then fill the containers with moistened potting soil. I either plant a seed or transplant a newly sprouted seedling to the container.

If it's still cold in the house, I cover the container with plastic until late February. These are the perfect size for me to start working on growing plants that will go into my garden when no chance of frost remains.

I also reuse drink bottles from Fuze to grow seedlings in. Their design makes it easy to cut in half evenly. This picture is a rose seedling I'm growing! I'm gradually preparing my garden I'll have in the Summer now.

By Sharon from Fairview, NC

Reuse Plastic Containers for Seedlings<br class=" hspace="10">