Reusing Bakery Packaging

There are many craft and other uses for the packaging from your bakery items, especially the clamshell style and other plastic boxes and trays. This is a guide about reusing bakery packaging.

July 16, 2009 Flag

Use cupcake trays from the grocery store bakery for mini greenhouse to start plant seeds in. Each cake compartment holds a peat seed starter pot nicely. All you need to do is use a soldering iron to melt some drainage holes and a couple vent holes on top. Use peat seed starter pots in each cake compartment. When plants get bigger just remove the peat pots and reuse your cupcake greenhouse over and over.

By Kim from KS

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Great idea. I like the bigger size (versus egg cartons) because the seeds are easier to work with.

January 31, 2012 Flag

I sometimes get packaged molasses cookies at the DT. They have the coolest plastic containers that I often reuse.

Here are three ideas for your home that might help "declutter" the end table, work, and desk space.

Other ideas I didn't have a photo op' for are:

Can you all think of more things to use them for?

By Sandi from Salem, OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A good place for that pesky once used brillo pad!

October 7, 2009 Flag

Bakery Tray with Crackers and Dip

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I bought some pull-apart bread last week. The tray that is on the bottom is black, but can't be recycled in this state. The center has a ring in the middle, and two other rings larger toward the edges.

October 28, 2004 Flag

One of my mottos is "think before you toss!" Now and then, I buy a deli pie, muffins or cake, or someone brings a similar product to a "bring your own dish to share" gathering.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 17, 2013
Reusing Toy Packaging
Reusing Toy Packaging
Bakery
Business Name Ideas for a Bakery or Ice Cream Shop
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
Reusing Cardboard, Stack of Corrugated Cardboard
Reusing Cardboard
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2017 at 2:43:56 AM on 10.0.0.166 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.