Rodent Control Suggestions

We live in an old house and I wish we had the time, money, and patience to close off every opening/crevice to our home, from attics, walls, crawlspace, etc. but that seems impossible. We also have two dogs, so poisons are too big of a risk. Does anyone have rodent control suggestions? I have some traps in the crawlspace, I'll work on getting peppermint oil and boxes of mothballs. (We're not cat people.) Gosh, I feel like we have NO options, but if you any ideas, I'd love to hear about it! Thank you!

Shannon

Answers:

Rodent Control Suggestions

I too am unwilling to use poisons, even weed killer, because of my dogs. Other than live trapping or finding some natural thing they hate I don't know what to do besides filling the holes in. I would do an internet search for some natural repellents, too. (01/17/2005)

By Vicki

Rodent Control Suggestions

Don't use moth balls, they are poisonous to humans too! Check out various sites regarding the dangers of moth balls.

(01/17/2005)

By ElectricC

Rodent Control Suggestions

I don't know what type of rodents you have but I have heard of people using hair clippings (from the barber shop) to keep animals away in gardens. They may be worth a try in the out of the way places in your house. (01/18/2005)

By Ann4

Rodent Control Suggestions

Place
Coca Cola in saucers, they drink it and go away to die. Apparently painlessly. It as worked for me with rats and mice. (01/18/2005)

By ang

Rodent Control Suggestions

I stuff steel wool in all the cracks and around the pipes that come through the floor. I also use glue traps where the dogs cannot get them. Glue traps go into a bucket up water when filled and then into the garbage.
I use blocks of dehydrating poison behind things dogs cannot get. (01/18/2005)

By Susan from Hamilton

By sjk

Rodent Control Suggestions

A hunter told me that Red Fox Urine bought at the sports store- sprayed around the attic (or wherever you need to repel rats and mice) works well. Pee yew hold your breath while spraying, but no rats in the attic since I started this! (03/25/2005)

By lindajean

Rodent Control, Closeup of Wood Mouse
Rodent Control
A photo of mouse.
Getting Rid of Mice Without Poison
Eastern Garter Snake
The Benefits of Garden Snakes
Rodent Trap
Rodent Odor in Walls and Vents
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄