Safe Flea Treatment for Puppies

What will happen if I use flea spray on my 10 week old puppy? What kind should I use?

By regismom41 from Sacramento, CA

Safe Flea Treatment for Puppies

Use Advantix or Frontline from the vet. It is safe for puppies and is applied where they can't ingest it. If you use a spray or powder they can ingest it when the lick themselves.

Usually if you are already an established customer at your vet they will sell it to you, no visit needed. (07/08/2009)

By Opal1013

Safe Flea Treatment for Puppies

I agree with Opal, but have something to add. Even if you aren't an established customer they will recommend something to you. The counter/front person can't diagnose things, but if you ask for something for a specific problem (flea control, ear mite meds.) they can recommend.
Frontline makes a spray. You can use rubber gloves and spray your hand then rub it onto the pup. (07/08/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Safe Flea Treatment for Puppies
Dog With Her Puppies
Caring for a Dog and Her Puppies
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
Puppy Chewing on Boot
Preventing Puppies From Chewing
Adult Male Dog and a Puppy
Adult Male Dogs and Newborn Puppies