Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

When I write a check, I make sure I write the real amount on the check, but in my checkbook register I round the figure up. When I deposit money into my account, I round the figure down. You will never, see or feel it. In 2 years it adds up big time and them some.

By Laura from Spartanburg, S.C.

Answers:

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

GREAT IDEA! I do this now, but it REALLY came in handy when I got laid off when my children were young. After several years of "rounding up" the cents on my checkbook, I ended up with an extra $800 when I got laid off my job and REALLY needed the money...

These days $800 may not sound like much, but back in the early 1980's (when this happened) I thought I'd hit the jackpot and it was enough to get me caught up on my bills and repair my car... This is an easy and non-painful way to save up money! (12/05/2008)

By Cyinda

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

I have done this many times for years and yes the money adds up fast I was not doing it for awhile but have started it again. Good tip (12/09/2008)

By Mary Anne

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

What a pain in the neck, balancing your checkbook, with the bank statement though? (12/14/2008)

By Sharon

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

I have done this for about 30 years. Also, I buy everything with my ATM card and when there is a return. I don't credit it back in my account. What I do, when balancing everything, I make sure i have all the subtractions from my account and that they have everything I have, then I look at the balance, according to them. As long as they say I have more money than I think I have, everything is fine. It does add up. What ends up happening, is you end up with a cushion of funds. When you think you have no money, there is enough to cover something that you can't wait to get. When my checkbook says I am really low, I put in the deposit and leave the amount open, then when I write a check or use my ATM. I put the amount after the deposit space. It gets subtracted after the next deposit. I never count on that money or spend it. I just have it there. When my husband and I separated, I closed the checking account and I had over $500.00 I didn't know I had. It was really nice. (07/14/2009)

By c t

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

I tried doing this once. Balancing my checkbook with the statement was a pain you know where. I normally have no trouble balancing my account, especially since I stopped doing this method. I agree it is a great way to save money but I can't figure out the bookwork. (02/16/2010)

By knitter926

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

As I am the "bookkeeper type" I want my checkbook accurate to the penny. You are only fooling yourself. This system would be a pain to accurately balance your checkbook. What if someone had to take over your finances? They would really have a hard time with your system. (02/16/2010)

By moravice

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

I tried that and it didn't last long; drove me crazy when I tried to balance. Just easier to have funds transferred every week from checking to savings. (02/16/2010)

By TXBetty

Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Receiving an Award
Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award
Resin Figurine
Shopping for Unpainted Resin Figurines
Egyptian Costume Ideas
Egyptian Costume Ideas
amigurumi duck and ducklings
Crochet Amigurumi Animal Patterns
🎉
🎄