Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

With a growing family I find it almost impossible to save cold hard cash so I use this little trick to stash a few pennies here and there and they all add up.

In my check book register, I write who I am writing the check to. In the next column, I write the exact amount the check is for and in the final column, I round that amount up to the next dollar. ( Ex. $4.18 =$5)

At the end of the year I have stashed away over $300 and I always have a cushion so that I don't bounce a check, if I've shopped a little too hard. Try it, you will be so surprised how fast it all adds up.

By Karen S. from Springfield, MO

Answers:

Save Money Rounding Checkbook Figures

I also have been using this system. If you forget to write a transaction in, you have the extra money in to cover it. (02/20/2010)

By CHRISTINE