Scars From Acne

I've been battling acne scarring for a little while now. I am now acne free but i still have the scars as I have olive skin and I scar easily. Any ideas on what to do to get rid of scarring that doesn't involve surgery?

Taryn from Perth, WA

Answers:

Scars From Acne

It is disappointing to have scarring now that the acne is gone. I know that there are a number of natural products that claim to help with scarring - one of them being rosehip oil. Go to your local health foods store (I am not sure what you call them in the States - but a store that sells vitamins, health foods, etc )and ask about it and other products to help with scarring. Good luck. (09/07/2006)

By Vicky

Scars From Acne

The best thing I did was have 3 "cool touch" non-ablative laser treatments. High end spas offer this as well as some dermatologists. Cost about $700. The scars are still there but much less visible. I had to save up but what it did for my outlook was worth ever penny! Also I agree with the poster who suggested powder makeup, and the mineral makeup. Be aware people love you and don't think about your acne the way you do! (09/07/2006)

By

Scars From Acne

I have always reduced or totally gotten the scars to simply fade by scrubbing with Ivory soap and sugar, or with the St. Ives Apricot Medicated Scrub. I also know that if you wash your face first with hottest water you can stand --- then dry and rub with a clean towel it helps the dry skin come off --- then wash again with cool water and pat dry.
You are only supposed to do it twice a day. Some creams that contain alpha hydroxy or that retinal stuff really do work. As well as using lemon juice and yogurt natural at home remedies. Potatoes are supposed to help reduce scars and you can rub a slice of potato on your face and rinse off after a little while. (11/26/2006)

By TrayJ24736

Scars From Acne
A girl looking in the mirror and using a medicated pad to treat acne.
Preventing Acne Scars
Acne Scars
Remedies for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄