Scratches on a Cellphone Screen

How do you clean scratches off a mobile phone screen?

Scratches on a Mobile Phone Screen

Light scratches on a watch crystal (which is typically made of a high-density plastic) can be removed with most (abrasive-types of) toothpaste. In such a case, I put a little on the crystal and rub with my thumb in a circular motion. If the watch is waterproof I just rinse it off with water.

For a phone, use of toothpaste might be the same but typically water will ruin a phone. If I used toothpaste on the lens of my phone I would be careful not to get it on any other parts. I might tape off the surrounding area with a (low adhesive) tape. If I think tape is too adhesive (i.e., has too much gripping power) I sometimes touch it to different parts of my clothing to pick up lint. The lint reduces the tape's adhesiveness with the final object. (05/08/2007)

By SomeGuyInMichigan

Scratches on a Mobile Phone Screen

I just used the toothpaste method on my LG "Rumor" and it worked alright. It didn't remove anything much, just made it a little bit more smooth is all. If you have anymore feedback on this it would be great. BTW, toothpaste does not ruin cell-phone screens so don't listen to that rumor. (04/28/2009)

By frothy_milk

Scratches on a Cellphone Screen
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Calling 911 With Cell Phone
Using Your Cellphone in An Emergency
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen