Scratches on a Rattan Dining Room Set

Someone just gave me a really nice Rattan Dining Room Set, but it has a lot of scratches, some very deep. Is there anything I can fill them in with? Someone suggested shoe polish but it seems to me like that might smear around when I use furniture polish on it. I am thinking of getting oen of those paint pens, but the deep scratches will still be there although not as visable. Any ideas?

Thanks :)
Kim from NJ

Answers:

Scratches on a Rattan Dining Room Set

Try sanding down the whole table filling the scratches with wood filler, staining, then waxing. (03/30/2006)

Scratches on a Rattan Dining Room Set

Just to make the scratches less noticeable - you can stain the scratch - using pens/shoe polish etc. Make sure you blend in the color, tho - Is it dark or light rattan? The dark stuff would be easier to cover scratches in. And then you could wax the rattan - although I think you have to get some water on it to keep it from cracking.... (03/31/2006)

By pamphyila

Dining Room Table With Scratches
Rattan Rug
Cleaning a Rattan Rug
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Dining Chairs
Reupholstering Dining Chairs
Dining Room Table
Protecting Your Dining Room Table
🎄