Shortening Jeans

Often you can find a pair of jeans that fit perfectly in the waist, but are too long. This is a guide about shortening jeans.

Jeans

I have been shortening jeans for my son using instructions posted on Thriftyfun to use the original hem. I have tried using Heat'n Bond tape to fasten the leftover jean material up the inside of each leg, but I cannot get the stuff to seal. I have followed the instructions and sometimes it works, sometimes not. I haven't figured out what the difference is. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

By mhewitt556

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thanks for your advice, kerredur. I am curious however, how you get the bottom to lie flat after washing. Seems to me it would want to curl if you cut it. And did you do anything to stop the fraying? Thanks

Read More Answers...
Crafts Clothing AlterationsMarch 23, 2013
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 8:07:19 PM on 10.0.2.228 in 446 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.