Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog

I have 10 month old Cocker Spaniel. We recently took him to a dog park that we had not been to in a while and he was very aggressive towards other dogs, nipping one on the tail and almost got into a fight with a Pit Bull. Needless to say we put him on a leash and took him to one of the enclosed areas. He is not aggressive towards my daughter's dog whom he has been around 3-4 times.

I am laid off and cannot take him to a trainer at this time, however I would think this is something that can't wait and needs to be addressed now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

By Kelly from Denver, CO

Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog

Try this web site for tips:

It's the site of dog trainer Victoria Stilwell, who has a TV show called "It's Me Or The Dog". She often addresses problems similar to yours, so I'm sure you could find helpful advice there. (08/09/2010)

By WildIrish

Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog
Tow Dogs Holding Stick Together
Socializing Your Dog
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Money Saving Tips for College Students, Students studying at a table.
Money Saving Tips for College Students