Dry Dog Food Recipe

Have just become a member, great site, lots of useful stuff! I noticed someone asking about dog food recipes; and I make a dry food for my Border Collie, 2 Chihuahuas, and 1 Papillon.

Grate a range of veggies to make about 2 cups: potato, carrot, or pumpkin (don't use onion). Mix in 1 lb (1/2kg) of minced beef, chicken, turkey, 2 eggs, and about 1/2 cup good plain yoghurt. Blend thoroughly and add enough plain flour to make the mix 'rollable'.

Press into scone trays or similar, score the top with a knife into the size pieces you want (little pieces for small dogs, larger for your big guys) and bake in a slow oven until the biscuit is quite dry.

I find the dogs just love them, they contain all the goodies they need and are also very handy for traveling. I actually add a few capsules of fish oil and empty capsules of glucosamine into my mix as my Collie gets arthritis. It helps her tremendously and certainly does no harm to my other babies either! Just break up the pieces when cooked and cool and store in airtight containers. Get a few trays done and freeze some also.

Cheers

By Vicki K from Australia

Pets Dogs Dog Food RecipesJanuary 17, 2017
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf21535500.tip.html