Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

0 0EmailFollow
Receiving an Award

Writing an acceptance speech can be difficult to do, even prominent figures have their own speech writers. This is a guide about speech ideas for receiving an award.

Here are questions related to Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award.

Question: Receiving an Award

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student of an accounting class at the 2015 graduation from Bayero University in Kano, Nigeria. Please help me determine what I can say?

By Zaharaddeen N.

Most Recent Answer

By Marg [16]12/16/2014

Well done, Zaharaddeen. I'd keep it short and simple.
"Thank you. I'm really pleased and proud to receive this award. It's been a great course and I've made some good friends. I hope we keep in touch. Thank you all."
Something like that. If you are good at speaking to an audience you could bring in something memorable that happened on the course and perhaps thank the tutors. Best of luck.
Marg from England.

Question: Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student from department of accounting at Bayero University Kano. What can I say?

By Zaharaddeen

Question: Preparing a Speech for Receiving an Award

I am an officer in a bank and my branch has accounts of all the schools and colleges in that area. One of colleges among them invited us to a seminar function and award function where I will receive an award on behalf of my branch and I have to say some words there. I am very hesitant about how I will do, as I have never given a speech anywhere.

Please help.

By jitender from India

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie [30]12/09/2014

Sounds like a very nice "honor" for anyone/company to receive. I always found the best speeches were very short and included lots of thanks to other people/companies for their assistance/contributions. Also nice if you know of any actual "deed" where someone benefited from this "merger" between your company and the schools. If possible, try not to use "I" in any sentence.

Google a short question:
need help with receiving a reward speech.
There are lots of ideas/programs with "ready made" speeches that you can adopt/use to make your own.

Question: Writing an Acceptance Speech

I am receiving an award for 25 years of service. I need some pointers for an acceptance speech.

By Joe from Toronto

Question: Writing an Award Acceptance Speech

How do I express myself, in simple words, for receiving a best employee award?

By Krishna

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. [2]09/27/2014

1. Thank them.
2. Mention anyone who is a special help to you on a daily basis.
3. Say that, though it is always nice to be recognized, even when you aren't you hope your work speaks for itself.
4. Thank them again.
5. Bow out gracefully.

Question: Ideas for Speech When Receiving an Award

I am going to receive a high achievement award all over from my country. I am 16 yrs old. What should I say?

By Shahar

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny [9]03/07/2014

Thank your parents and teachers, an say something about what you want to do with your education.

Question: Speech Ideas for Receiving a Service Award

I am going to receive 15 year service award present and would like to express my thanks. I am looking for something quick and short. I am a shy person.

By M. Maponga

Most Recent Answer

By Lelia Jo Cordell [49]09/14/2011

First, congratulations on your award! Next, Garnetgirl's got a great idea! If you have trouble with saying all that, though, a simple "thank you" should do. (btw, Garnetgirl, I like your idea of going into the bathroom beforehand for a little "pep sing," lol!)

Question: Help With Speech for Receiving a Business Student Award

I will be receiving an award for being the best business student. What can I say?

By Eve from Vanderijlpark, SA

Most Recent Answer

By Grandma J [46]06/23/2010

Being humble when accepting an award is always gracious. Trying humor can insult those whom you wish not to offend.
This sounds like a school based award, I would ask a school counselor to read what you plan to say, it will keep you comfortable, and out of trouble with your words.
If you have someone to thank for giving the award, you thank them first.
Then you give credit to parents, friends, teachers, etc pick those, or if 1, it is o.k. to say their name at that point. A hint from watching awards on TV, it gets boring when you have a who's who list and try not to miss a person. You insult those who are left out. Keeping it simple is always best.
Make sure your smile sounds appreciateve!

Question: Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award at Work

I will be receiving an award at work soon and would like to express my thanks to my coworkers. I am very shy and would like to know what to say after receiving the award. I am looking for something quick and short. I read in a book that the 2 words "thank you" is really all that is needed. Can you advise?

Onesummer

Most Recent Answer

By Janice C. [18]01/13/2008

Congratulations on your award. You have a good employer who recognizes good people and obviously wants to keep you.

How about something like "Thank you for this award for ______. I'm very pleased and honored to win it this year. It means a lot to me. Thank you to my supervisor (name) and my co-workers (names, names) for helping me to do my job well."

I feel it will be more professional if you mention the award and how pleased you are to receive it, rather than to say how shy you are, with the possible inference that you do not deserve the award. Trust the people who are giving the award. They say you deserve it, so you deserve it. Congratulations again.

Solutions: Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!