Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Writing an acceptance speech can be difficult to do, even prominent figures have their own speech writers. This is a guide about speech ideas for receiving an award.

Receiving an Award
Filter Sort

Question: Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award at Work

By Onesummer 219 17

I will be receiving an award at work soon and would like to express my thanks to my coworkers. I am very shy and would like to know what to say after receiving the award. I am looking for something quick and short. I read in a book that the 2 words "thank you" is really all that is needed. Can you advise?

Onesummer

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Janice C. 18 710 Flag

Congratulations on your award. You have a good employer who recognizes good people and obviously wants to keep you.

How about something like "Thank you for this award for ______. I'm very pleased and honored to win it this year. It means a lot to me. Thank you to my supervisor (name) and my co-workers (names, names) for helping me to do my job well."

I feel it will be more professional if you mention the award and how pleased you are to receive it, rather than to say how shy you are, with the possible inference that you do not deserve the award. Trust the people who are giving the award. They say you deserve it, so you deserve it. Congratulations again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Writing a Speech for Awards Ceremony

By Syed D. 1

My General Manager received an award recently and being the Sales Manager, I have been chosen to give a speech on behalf of the employees for our GM. I don't know exactly how this goes. What am i supposed to say?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Rose Anne Hutchence 7 265 Flag

Good queston, Syed. Why not check the internet and youtube for congratulatory speeches for help getting started?

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Receiving an Award

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student of an accounting class at the 2015 graduation from Bayero University in Kano, Nigeria. Please help me determine what I can say?

By Zaharaddeen N.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Marg 16 435 Flag

Well done, Zaharaddeen. I'd keep it short and simple.

"Thank you. I'm really pleased and proud to receive this award. It's been a great course and I've made some good friends. I hope we keep in touch. Thank you all."

Something like that. If you are good at speaking to an audience you could bring in something memorable that happened on the course and perhaps thank the tutors. Best of luck.

Marg from England.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Preparing a Speech for Receiving an Award

By jitender 1

I am an officer in a bank and my branch has accounts of all the schools and colleges in that area. One of colleges among them invited us to a seminar function and award function where I will receive an award on behalf of my branch and I have to say some words there. I am very hesitant about how I will do, as I have never given a speech anywhere.

Please help.

By jitender from India

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 892 Flag

Sounds like a very nice "honor" for anyone/company to receive. I always found the best speeches were very short and included lots of thanks to other people/companies for their assistance/contributions. Also nice if you know of any actual "deed" where someone benefited from this "merger" between your company and the schools. If possible, try not to use "I" in any sentence.

Google a short question:

need help with receiving a reward speech.

There are lots of ideas/programs with "ready made" speeches that you can adopt/use to make your own.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Speech Ideas for Receiving a Service Award

I am going to receive 15 year service award present and would like to express my thanks. I am looking for something quick and short. I am a shy person.

By M. Maponga

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lelia Jo Cordell 51 1,936 Flag

First, congratulations on your award! Next, Garnetgirl's got a great idea! If you have trouble with saying all that, though, a simple "thank you" should do. (btw, Garnetgirl, I like your idea of going into the bathroom beforehand for a little "pep sing," lol!)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Help With Speech for Receiving a Business Student Award

By Eve 1

I will be receiving an award for being the best business student. What can I say?

By Eve from Vanderijlpark, SA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Grandma J 54 1,040 Flag

Being humble when accepting an award is always gracious. Trying humor can insult those whom you wish not to offend.

This sounds like a school based award, I would ask a school counselor to read what you plan to say, it will keep you comfortable, and out of trouble with your words.

If you have someone to thank for giving the award, you thank them first.

Then you give credit to parents, friends, teachers, etc pick those, or if 1, it is o.k. to say their name at that point. A hint from watching awards on TV, it gets boring when you have a who's who list and try not to miss a person. You insult those who are left out. Keeping it simple is always best.

Make sure your smile sounds appreciateve!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

I will be receiving an Exceptional Citizenship award from my city for the volunteer work that I do for an organization that has submitted my name. This will take place at a dinner banquet. I am allowed to make a 30 second speech. My husband and family will attend plus a representative who has nominated me. I have some ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Donna 309 325 Flag

How about encouraging others to volunteer to experience the wonderful fulfillment that your volunteering has given to your life?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

I got a sales and marketing award for best performace. Now I have to speak on award winning in the annual sales and marketing conference. Hence I am requesting that you that please provide me with ideas.

By Ramesh G

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By whiteBass 1 Flag

Well how did you win the award? Was it your enthusiasm, dogged determination, or working 12 hour days? People like to hear other people talk about how they achieved their goal - it encourages them. Think about the techniques you used to win the award and build on that!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Writing an Award Acceptance Speech

How do I express myself, in simple words, for receiving a best employee award?

By Krishna

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. 15 1,032 Flag

1. Thank them.

2. Mention anyone who is a special help to you on a daily basis.

3. Say that, though it is always nice to be recognized, even when you aren't you hope your work speaks for itself.

4. Thank them again.

5. Bow out gracefully.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ideas for Speech When Receiving an Award

I am going to receive a high achievement award all over from my country. I am 16 yrs old. What should I say?

By Shahar

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Lizzyanny 9 1,251 Flag

Thank your parents and teachers, an say something about what you want to do with your education.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Speech for Receiving an Award

By Sayed Aqeel H. 1

I will be, God willing, receiving an award by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, London in the category of best volunteer of the year. The award is for mhGAP project in Kashmir, in collaboration with the Royal College of Psychiatrists London, WHO, Health and Medical education department of Jammu and Kashmir. I want to acknowledge the role of mhGAP trainers and trainees, director health services Kashmir, state coordinator, NGOs, corporate sector, and the people of the valley of Kashmir. How shall I do it?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

I would like to have some idea how to answer after having received an award as best supplier.

By Umberto

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

I will be receiving a prize for the highest percentage on a board exam of class 10, by a organization. So how can I deliver the speech?

By Gaurav

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student from department of accounting at Bayero University Kano. What can I say?

By Zaharaddeen

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Writing an Acceptance Speech

I am receiving an award for 25 years of service. I need some pointers for an acceptance speech.

By Joe from Toronto

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceJuly 2, 2013
      ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
      Fax by Email
      Receiving Faxes by Email
      First Communion
      First Communion Speech Ideas
      daughter giving mother a gift
      Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
      1st prize ribbon
      Displaying Award Ribbons
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:25:20 AM on 10.0.0.34 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
      NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
      Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
      BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
      CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings