Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Writing an acceptance speech can be difficult to do, even prominent figures have their own speech writers. This is a guide about speech ideas for receiving an award.

I am receiving an award from my employers for length of service and commitment. I want you to help me with a very short speech to thank my employers.

I would mention it is an honor to work on behalf of a great company (if it is a great company) for x amount of years. Thankful to receive this employee award and looking forward to more years at this company!

I am winning an award for best playschool in the whole city. I want put it up on my Facebook page along with my pic with award. What should I write?

I also want to thank parents, my teachers, and staff without whom this would not be possible. How do I thank them?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

It seems you have been given some very good suggestions.

My only comment is that I (personally) would try to give credit to everyone but yourself and try to say what you wish in as short an article as possible (antidotes can/should be a little longer if interesting).

Maybe let someone (a GOOD friend who will be honest) proof read it before posting.

You can always add more later.

I'm getting and award as the best employee from my company and I want to say thank you to my boss and my management. So kindly suggest some ideas for a thank you speech.

Answer Was this helpful? 7

I'm getting and award as the best employee from my company and I want to say thank you to my boss and my management. So kindly suggest some ideas for a thank you speech

I have been nominated by my granddaughter's school, grandmother of the year, and am receiving an award at an event. How should I say thank you in a small speech, including principal, teachers, etc.?

Best Answer

I would start by thanking them for bestowing the award on you. Then mention that it takes a village to raise a child, and at this point you can mention the principal, teachers, etc. Be modest and say that without their help you would have not been able to accomplish as much as you did.

I am trying to write a thank you speech to my coaches, family, friends, and teammates for my signing and I just need somewhere to start. Anyone have any ideas?

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Starting with something funny is usually a great ice breaker. Joel Osteen is a great example of using humor to kick things off. Maybe even bring a funny pic memory onstage with you then build up to the gratitude part.

I'm getting a 10th year completion, long service award. I want to say a few words on stage.
Please help me.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

FIrst of all, congratulations on the award.

It's always good to thank the people who made the award possible, as well as give a small anecdote that highlights why you went into the field you went into IE if its a nursing award, diescuss the day you decided to become a nurse.

also you can talk about your future goals and dreams, and end by thanking everyone again.

Please help me.

I recoeving award on behalf of my company , can I say that : On behalf of the xxx company, I would like to thank the Government of Indonesia for the award . Connecting Indonesia with the US has always been the direction of our efforts. I believe my company will continuing doing more business with Indonesia in the up coming year, to establish a better business in the near future.

Thank you

I have been selected as the student of the year and I will will receive an award at the annual function of my school. Please provide me the best way of give and acceptance speech.
Thank you.

Congratulations! The best way to accept this speech is with gratitude. Thank everyone who has helped you along the way. This includes teachers who told a special interest in you as well as the administration, family and friends. No one achieves success on their own.

My company got an award for best community services in our town. I need to write few lines (6-7) about it on linked. Any suggestions?

"Thank you so much for this recognition of community service. Our town and its people are special to us and we feel privileged to serve their needs".

My book won an honorable mention in a book festival competition. I will be attending the awards dinner where they want each of the winners to get up and speak. What do you suggest I say? Should I talk about my book or more of a thank you speech?

Congratulations! People read your book, and that's pretty amazing too, right? Don't take that the wrong way. With all the books being published and available? It's pretty great yours attracted readers. I'd say gratitude is the order of the day. After all, if anyone wants to know more about what you've written, they're perfectly capable of picking up a copy.

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student of an accounting class at the 2015 graduation from Bayero University in Kano, Nigeria. Please help me determine what I can say?

By Zaharaddeen N.

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Well done, Zaharaddeen. I'd keep it short and simple.

"Thank you. I'm really pleased and proud to receive this award. It's been a great course and I've made some good friends. I hope we keep in touch. Thank you all."

Something like that. If you are good at speaking to an audience you could bring in something memorable that happened on the course and perhaps thank the tutors. Best of luck.

Marg from England.

My General Manager received an award recently and being the Sales Manager, I have been chosen to give a speech on behalf of the employees for our GM. I don't know exactly how this goes. What am i supposed to say?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Good queston, Syed. Why not check the internet and youtube for congratulatory speeches for help getting started?

Good luck!

I will be recognized for the 15 years of service with the company. I have to provide a 4-5 sentence statement about my experience with the company that will be published in the company newsletter. Can you assist me on this please?

I have to write a journey of 20 years with the firm need help.

My relative will be receiving a Life Time Achievement award from one of the Rotary Clubs in Coimbatore for his social activities and for his continued generous donations for the main causes in and around the city. The award will be conferred to him by the Governor of the state.

I need someone to help me in preparing a speech for my relative, after he received the above award from the Governor of the state.

A good speech contains a gratitude component, an anecdote or two relevant to the person and/or the award, a sharing of a personal vision for the future, and in many instances a call for action.

In this case it would be like "First I would like to thank everyone for ...

I still remember the first time I went to a Rotary meeting, it changed my life.....

I have spent most of my life invested in the club and the good works because I envision a world where....

Please, when you have a chance, take my example and also...."

I'm a 32 year old asked to give a speech on behalf of my department where one of my colleagues has won the employee of the year award, what can I say?

As one who has written many speeches for others, I can tell you to start with "Congratulations." You might like to continue by commending your co-worker for all the traits which (s)he contributes to an enjoyable workplace: lending a hand where needed, boosting morale by being cheerful, looking for solutions instead of laying blame (for example)?

I am an officer in a bank and my branch has accounts of all the schools and colleges in that area. One of colleges among them invited us to a seminar function and award function where I will receive an award on behalf of my branch and I have to say some words there. I am very hesitant about how I will do, as I have never given a speech anywhere.

Please help.

By jitender from India

Be sure and say how grateful you are for the good working relationship you with the schools, and thank them for the honor. An interesting story that illustrates your work with them would be good; as would a funny story, as long as it makes everyone involved feel good, not embarrassed. Good luck!

I am receiving an award for 25 years of service. I need some pointers for an acceptance speech.

By Joe from Toronto

Points to cover:

-Who you'd like to thank

-What encouraged you, pushed you, or helped you achieve this goal

-How you got here

I will be receiving an Exceptional Citizenship award from my city for the volunteer work that I do for an organization that has submitted my name. This will take place at a dinner banquet. I am allowed to make a 30 second speech. My husband and family will attend plus a representative who has nominated me. I have some ideas.

How about encouraging others to volunteer to experience the wonderful fulfillment that your volunteering has given to your life?

I got a sales and marketing award for best performace. Now I have to speak on award winning in the annual sales and marketing conference. Hence I am requesting that you that please provide me with ideas.

By Ramesh G

Well how did you win the award? Was it your enthusiasm, dogged determination, or working 12 hour days? People like to hear other people talk about how they achieved their goal - it encourages them. Think about the techniques you used to win the award and build on that!

How do I express myself, in simple words, for receiving a best employee award?

By Krishna

1. Thank them.

2. Mention anyone who is a special help to you on a daily basis.

3. Say that, though it is always nice to be recognized, even when you aren't you hope your work speaks for itself.

4. Thank them again.

5. Bow out gracefully.

I will be receiving an award at work soon and would like to express my thanks to my coworkers. I am very shy and would like to know what to say after receiving the award. I am looking for something quick and short. I read in a book that the 2 words "thank you" is really all that is needed. Can you advise?

Load More