Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Writing an acceptance speech can be difficult to do, even prominent figures have their own speech writers. This is a guide about speech ideas for receiving an award.

I am receiving an award from my employers for length of service and commitment. I would like help with a very short speech to thank my employers.

You can thank your employer for the award and being able to be a member of the team for x amount of years, and you're proud to work there!

I am receiving an award from my employers for length of service and commitment. I want you to help me with a very short speech to thank my employers.

Answer Was this helpful? 2

It has been a wonderful journey 10 years in this company with ups n downs

I'm getting and award as the best employee from my company and I want to say thank you to my boss and my management. So kindly suggest some ideas for a thank you speech.

Answer Was this helpful? 7

I'm getting and award as the best employee from my company and I want to say thank you to my boss and my management. So kindly suggest some ideas for a thank you speech

I am winning an award for best playschool in the whole city. I want put it up on my Facebook page along with my pic with award. What should I write?

I also want to thank parents, my teachers, and staff without whom this would not be possible. How do I thank them?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

It seems you have been given some very good suggestions.

My only comment is that I (personally) would try to give credit to everyone but yourself and try to say what you wish in as short an article as possible (antidotes can/should be a little longer if interesting).

Maybe let someone (a GOOD friend who will be honest) proof read it before posting.

You can always add more later.

I have been nominated by my granddaughter's school, grandmother of the year, and am receiving an award at an event. How should I say thank you in a small speech, including principal, teachers, etc.?

Best Answer

I would start by thanking them for bestowing the award on you. Then mention that it takes a village to raise a child, and at this point you can mention the principal, teachers, etc. Be modest and say that without their help you would have not been able to accomplish as much as you did.

I am trying to write a thank you speech to my coaches, family, friends, and teammates for my signing and I just need somewhere to start. Anyone have any ideas?

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Starting with something funny is usually a great ice breaker. Joel Osteen is a great example of using humor to kick things off. Maybe even bring a funny pic memory onstage with you then build up to the gratitude part.

I'm getting a 10th year completion, long service award. I want to say a few words on stage.
Please help me.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

FIrst of all, congratulations on the award.

It's always good to thank the people who made the award possible, as well as give a small anecdote that highlights why you went into the field you went into IE if its a nursing award, diescuss the day you decided to become a nurse.

also you can talk about your future goals and dreams, and end by thanking everyone again.

Please help me.

I recoeving award on behalf of my company , can I say that : On behalf of the xxx company, I would like to thank the Government of Indonesia for the award . Connecting Indonesia with the US has always been the direction of our efforts. I believe my company will continuing doing more business with Indonesia in the up coming year, to establish a better business in the near future.

Thank you

I have been selected as the student of the year and I will will receive an award at the annual function of my school. Please provide me the best way of give and acceptance speech.
Thank you.

Congratulations! The best way to accept this speech is with gratitude. Thank everyone who has helped you along the way. This includes teachers who told a special interest in you as well as the administration, family and friends. No one achieves success on their own.

My company got an award for best community services in our town. I need to write few lines (6-7) about it on linked. Any suggestions?

"Thank you so much for this recognition of community service. Our town and its people are special to us and we feel privileged to serve their needs".

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student of an accounting class at the 2015 graduation from Bayero University in Kano, Nigeria. Please help me determine what I can say?

By Zaharaddeen N.

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Well done, Zaharaddeen. I'd keep it short and simple.

"Thank you. I'm really pleased and proud to receive this award. It's been a great course and I've made some good friends. I hope we keep in touch. Thank you all."

Something like that. If you are good at speaking to an audience you could bring in something memorable that happened on the course and perhaps thank the tutors. Best of luck.

Marg from England.

My General Manager received an award recently and being the Sales Manager, I have been chosen to give a speech on behalf of the employees for our GM. I don't know exactly how this goes. What am i supposed to say?

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Good queston, Syed. Why not check the internet and youtube for congratulatory speeches for help getting started?

Good luck!

My book won an honorable mention in a book festival competition. I will be attending the awards dinner where they want each of the winners to get up and speak. What do you suggest I say? Should I talk about my book or more of a thank you speech?

Congratulations! People read your book, and that's pretty amazing too, right? Don't take that the wrong way. With all the books being published and available? It's pretty great yours attracted readers. I'd say gratitude is the order of the day. After all, if anyone wants to know more about what you've written, they're perfectly capable of picking up a copy.

I will be recognized for the 15 years of service with the company. I have to provide a 4-5 sentence statement about my experience with the company that will be published in the company newsletter. Can you assist me on this please?

I have to write a journey of 20 years with the firm need help.

My relative will be receiving a Life Time Achievement award from one of the Rotary Clubs in Coimbatore for his social activities and for his continued generous donations for the main causes in and around the city. The award will be conferred to him by the Governor of the state.

I need someone to help me in preparing a speech for my relative, after he received the above award from the Governor of the state.

A good speech contains a gratitude component, an anecdote or two relevant to the person and/or the award, a sharing of a personal vision for the future, and in many instances a call for action.

In this case it would be like "First I would like to thank everyone for ...

I still remember the first time I went to a Rotary meeting, it changed my life.....

I have spent most of my life invested in the club and the good works because I envision a world where....

Please, when you have a chance, take my example and also...."

I'm a 32 year old asked to give a speech on behalf of my department where one of my colleagues has won the employee of the year award, what can I say?

As one who has written many speeches for others, I can tell you to start with "Congratulations." You might like to continue by commending your co-worker for all the traits which (s)he contributes to an enjoyable workplace: lending a hand where needed, boosting morale by being cheerful, looking for solutions instead of laying blame (for example)?

I am an officer in a bank and my branch has accounts of all the schools and colleges in that area. One of colleges among them invited us to a seminar function and award function where I will receive an award on behalf of my branch and I have to say some words there. I am very hesitant about how I will do, as I have never given a speech anywhere.

Please help.

By jitender from India

Be sure and say how grateful you are for the good working relationship you with the schools, and thank them for the honor. An interesting story that illustrates your work with them would be good; as would a funny story, as long as it makes everyone involved feel good, not embarrassed. Good luck!

I am receiving an award for 25 years of service. I need some pointers for an acceptance speech.

By Joe from Toronto

Points to cover:

-Who you'd like to thank

-What encouraged you, pushed you, or helped you achieve this goal

-How you got here

I will be receiving an Exceptional Citizenship award from my city for the volunteer work that I do for an organization that has submitted my name. This will take place at a dinner banquet. I am allowed to make a 30 second speech. My husband and family will attend plus a representative who has nominated me. I have some ideas.

How about encouraging others to volunteer to experience the wonderful fulfillment that your volunteering has given to your life?

I got a sales and marketing award for best performace. Now I have to speak on award winning in the annual sales and marketing conference. Hence I am requesting that you that please provide me with ideas.

By Ramesh G

Well how did you win the award? Was it your enthusiasm, dogged determination, or working 12 hour days? People like to hear other people talk about how they achieved their goal - it encourages them. Think about the techniques you used to win the award and build on that!

I will be receiving an award at work soon and would like to express my thanks to my coworkers. I am very shy and would like to know what to say after receiving the award. I am looking for something quick and short. I read in a book that the 2 words "thank you" is really all that is needed. Can you advise?

Onesummer

Congratulations on your award. You have a good employer who recognizes good people and obviously wants to keep you.

How about something like "Thank you for this award for ______. I'm very pleased and honored to win it this year. It means a lot to me. Thank you to my supervisor (name) and my co-workers (names, names) for helping me to do my job well."

I feel it will be more professional if you mention the award and how pleased you are to receive it, rather than to say how shy you are, with the possible inference that you do not deserve the award. Trust the people who are giving the award. They say you deserve it, so you deserve it. Congratulations again.

How do I express myself, in simple words, for receiving a best employee award?

By Krishna

1. Thank them.

2. Mention anyone who is a special help to you on a daily basis.

3. Say that, though it is always nice to be recognized, even when you aren't you hope your work speaks for itself.

4. Thank them again.

5. Bow out gracefully.

I will be, God willing, receiving an award by the Royal College of Psychiatrists, London in the category of best volunteer of the year. The award is for mhGAP project in Kashmir, in collaboration with the Royal College of Psychiatrists London, WHO, Health and Medical education department of Jammu and Kashmir. I want to acknowledge the role of mhGAP trainers and trainees, director health services Kashmir, state coordinator, NGOs, corporate sector, and the people of the valley of Kashmir. How shall I do it?

I am going to receive a high achievement award all over from my country. I am 16 yrs old. What should I say?

By Shahar

Thank your parents and teachers, an say something about what you want to do with your education.

I am going to receive 15 year service award present and would like to express my thanks. I am looking for something quick and short. I am a shy person.

By M. Maponga

I am thankful to have been in good health and to have been of service for fifteen years now. I enjoy what I do and all the wonderful people I (work with/help/meet) every day.

I am looking forward to many more years of service with (this company/all of you). Thank you for honoring me with this award.

(Then do something like a nod or a wave or hold the award up in the air, and smile. That should help everyone know you are finished talking).

I had to do a public speech that I was very nervous about in college. I went into the bathroom first, smiled at myself in the mirror and started singing the old song, "Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cuz I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me. I must be a heck of a (wo)man. Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can."

Moral: try to relax and smile. Congratulations!

I will be receiving an award for being the best business student. What can I say?

By Eve from Vanderijlpark, SA

Appropriate humor is fine but don't overdo it. The first time I had to accept an award, I got up on stage and reached into my sport coat jacket inside pocket and pulled out a roll of typewriter paper that was just going to trash. I taped several sheets together and then rolled it up. I began my speech by saying (as I pulled out the roll of paper and let it unroll in front of me), "Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I took the liberty of making a few notes." After the laughter, I continued by just being honest about the award and what it meant to me. The whole thing took less than a minute and I got several compliments on it. After that, I looked around and found a public speaking group called Toastmasters International which is a great, almost free group that helps you learn your way around speaking in public, often when you are not expecting to have to speak.

I would like to have some idea how to answer after having received an award as best supplier.

By Umberto

I will be receiving a prize for the highest percentage on a board exam of class 10, by a organization. So how can I deliver the speech?

By Gaurav

Load More