Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Writing an acceptance speech can be difficult to do, even prominent figures have their own speech writers. This is a guide about speech ideas for receiving an award.

January 11, 2017 Flag

I am trying to write a thank you speech to my coaches, family, friends, and teammates for my signing and I just need somewhere to start. Anyone have any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As you prepare to get up in front of everyone, put aside your own potential nervousness. Think about all the people who have helped you and to whom you would like to convey your appreciation. Sit down with pen and paper and bring each name, each face to mind. Write down your thoughts and feelings as if you were talking to that person, and do the same for everyone on your list. Strive to remember specific circumstances where each individual motivated you and helped you to this point. If you don't have time to, for instance, thank all your team mates individually, strive for one sincere "thank you" for helping: you wouldn't be where you are without them.

Thank you speeches are difficult and may end up embarrassing if you for get to mention someone that helped you.

Sometimes we just need a good start.

Maybe looking at some of these suggestions will help you get started: (you may want to skip #3)

http://www.wiki  Thank-You-Speech

http://www.wiki  Thank-You-Speech

December 1, 2016 Flag

I have been nominated by my granddaughter's school, grandmother of the year, and am receiving an award at an event. How should I say thank you in a small speech, including principal, teachers, etc.?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I would start by thanking them for bestowing the award on you. Then mention that it takes a village to raise a child, and at this point you can mention the principal, teachers, etc. Be modest and say that without their help you would have not been able to accomplish as much as you did.

Best Answer

Always use your own words. Keep it short and light-hearted. Thank them for the award and perhaps mention the daily work the school does throughout the year, through ups and downs, and say they also deserve an award!

April 26, 2016 Flag

I'm getting and award as the best employee from my company and I want to say thank you to my boss and my management. So kindly suggest some ideas for a thank you speech.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am getting awards from my company I want to say thank to my managers for this

Thanks so each for my awards

December 17, 2016 Flag

I have been selected as the student of the year and I will will receive an award at the annual function of my school. Please provide me the best way of give and acceptance speech.
Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Congratulations! The best way to accept this speech is with gratitude. Thank everyone who has helped you along the way. This includes teachers who told a special interest in you as well as the administration, family and friends. No one achieves success on their own.

My daughter have been selected as the student of the year and She will will receive an award at the annual function of her school. Please provide me the best way of thanks and acceptance speech.

October 8, 2016 Flag

I'm getting a 10th year completion, long service award. I want to say a few words on stage.
Please help me.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm getting a 25 years long service award and want to comment the management for keep the company afloat, in a very tough environment, for all these years.

I recoeving award on behalf of my company , can I say that : On behalf of the xxx company, I would like to thank the Government of Indonesia for the award . Connecting Indonesia with the US has always been the direction of our efforts. I believe my company will continuing doing more business with Indonesia in the up coming year, to establish a better business in the near future.

Thank you

November 29, 2016 Flag

My company got an award for best community services in our town. I need to write few lines (6-7) about it on linked. Any suggestions?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

"Thank you so much for this recognition of community service. Our town and its people are special to us and we feel privileged to serve their needs".

We are honored to receive this award. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to serve this community. We would especially like to thank__________ for all their help...

October 3, 2016 Flag

Please help me.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

uploaded

I'm getting a 15 year completion, long service award. and employ of years I want write few words by mail

November 14, 2016 Flag

My book won an honorable mention in a book festival competition. I will be attending the awards dinner where they want each of the winners to get up and speak. What do you suggest I say? Should I talk about my book or more of a thank you speech?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Congratulations! People read your book, and that's pretty amazing too, right? Don't take that the wrong way. With all the books being published and available? It's pretty great yours attracted readers. I'd say gratitude is the order of the day. After all, if anyone wants to know more about what you've written, they're perfectly capable of picking up a copy.

December 19, 2015 Flag

I will be recognized for the 15 years of service with the company. I have to provide a 4-5 sentence statement about my experience with the company that will be published in the company newsletter. Can you assist me on this please?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Presuming your 15 years with the company have been good ones, MN, why not concentrate your remarks on thanking the individuals who i) recognized your ability and took the opportunity to hire you, ii) those among your co-workers who helped you with projects through the years, iii) anyone who mentored you / helped your career and perhaps iv) the owner(s) who provide jobs and products / services. Good luck, and congratulations!

I have to write a journey of 20 years with the firm need help.

November 18, 2015 Flag

My General Manager received an award recently and being the Sales Manager, I have been chosen to give a speech on behalf of the employees for our GM. I don't know exactly how this goes. What am i supposed to say?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Good queston, Syed. Why not check the internet and youtube for congratulatory speeches for help getting started?

Good luck!

December 15, 2014 Flag

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student of an accounting class at the 2015 graduation from Bayero University in Kano, Nigeria. Please help me determine what I can say?

By Zaharaddeen N.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well done, Zaharaddeen. I'd keep it short and simple.

"Thank you. I'm really pleased and proud to receive this award. It's been a great course and I've made some good friends. I hope we keep in touch. Thank you all."

Something like that. If you are good at speaking to an audience you could bring in something memorable that happened on the course and perhaps thank the tutors. Best of luck.

Marg from England.

April 12, 2016 Flag

I'm a 32 year old asked to give a speech on behalf of my department where one of my colleagues has won the employee of the year award, what can I say?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As one who has written many speeches for others, I can tell you to start with "Congratulations." You might like to continue by commending your co-worker for all the traits which (s)he contributes to an enjoyable workplace: lending a hand where needed, boosting morale by being cheerful, looking for solutions instead of laying blame (for example)?

December 7, 2014 Flag

I am an officer in a bank and my branch has accounts of all the schools and colleges in that area. One of colleges among them invited us to a seminar function and award function where I will receive an award on behalf of my branch and I have to say some words there. I am very hesitant about how I will do, as I have never given a speech anywhere.

Please help.

By jitender from India

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Be sure and say how grateful you are for the good working relationship you with the schools, and thank them for the honor. An interesting story that illustrates your work with them would be good; as would a funny story, as long as it makes everyone involved feel good, not embarrassed. Good luck!

Sounds like a very nice "honor" for anyone/company to receive. I always found the best speeches were very short and included lots of thanks to other people/companies for their assistance/contributions. Also nice if you know of any actual "deed" where someone benefited from this "merger" between your company and the schools. If possible, try not to use "I" in any sentence.

Google a short question:

need help with receiving a reward speech.

There are lots of ideas/programs with "ready made" speeches that you can adopt/use to make your own.

December 3, 2014 Flag

I am receiving an award for 25 years of service. I need some pointers for an acceptance speech.

By Joe from Toronto

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Points to cover:

-Who you'd like to thank

-What encouraged you, pushed you, or helped you achieve this goal

-How you got here

I am being felicitated for completing 25 years of teaching in school...kindly help me with the speech....it should be short n sweet

April 15, 2015 Flag

I will be receiving an Exceptional Citizenship award from my city for the volunteer work that I do for an organization that has submitted my name. This will take place at a dinner banquet. I am allowed to make a 30 second speech. My husband and family will attend plus a representative who has nominated me. I have some ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about encouraging others to volunteer to experience the wonderful fulfillment that your volunteering has given to your life?

April 2, 2015 Flag

I got a sales and marketing award for best performace. Now I have to speak on award winning in the annual sales and marketing conference. Hence I am requesting that you that please provide me with ideas.

By Ramesh G

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well how did you win the award? Was it your enthusiasm, dogged determination, or working 12 hour days? People like to hear other people talk about how they achieved their goal - it encourages them. Think about the techniques you used to win the award and build on that!

Load More
Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceJuly 2, 2013
Fax by Email
Receiving Faxes by Email
First Communion
First Communion Speech Ideas
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
1st prize ribbon
Displaying Award Ribbons
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:12:15 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 32 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.