Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Writing an acceptance speech can be difficult to do, even prominent figures have their own speech writers. This is a guide about speech ideas for receiving an award.

Receiving an Award
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I'm getting and award as the best employee from my company and I want to say thank you to my boss and my management. So kindly suggest some ideas for a thank you speech.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

"Thank you very much for this honour. I would not be here today, accepting this award, without the help of _______ (your boss's name), and - indeed - the entire management team."

I'm a 32 year old asked to give a speech on behalf of my department where one of my colleagues has won the employee of the year award, what can I say?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

As one who has written many speeches for others, I can tell you to start with "Congratulations." You might like to continue by commending your co-worker for all the traits which (s)he contributes to an enjoyable workplace: lending a hand where needed, boosting morale by being cheerful, looking for solutions instead of laying blame (for example)?

My relative will be receiving a Life Time Achievement award from one of the Rotary Clubs in Coimbatore for his social activities and for his continued generous donations for the main causes in and around the city. The award will be conferred to him by the Governor of the state.

I need someone to help me in preparing a speech for my relative, after he received the above award from the Governor of the state.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I will be recognized for the 15 years of service with the company. I have to provide a 4-5 sentence statement about my experience with the company that will be published in the company newsletter. Can you assist me on this please?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Presuming your 15 years with the company have been good ones, MN, why not concentrate your remarks on thanking the individuals who i) recognized your ability and took the opportunity to hire you, ii) those among your co-workers who helped you with projects through the years, iii) anyone who mentored you / helped your career and perhaps iv) the owner(s) who provide jobs and products / services. Good luck, and congratulations!

My General Manager received an award recently and being the Sales Manager, I have been chosen to give a speech on behalf of the employees for our GM. I don't know exactly how this goes. What am i supposed to say?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Good queston, Syed. Why not check the internet and youtube for congratulatory speeches for help getting started?

Good luck!

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student of an accounting class at the 2015 graduation from Bayero University in Kano, Nigeria. Please help me determine what I can say?

By Zaharaddeen N.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well done, Zaharaddeen. I'd keep it short and simple.

"Thank you. I'm really pleased and proud to receive this award. It's been a great course and I've made some good friends. I hope we keep in touch. Thank you all."

Something like that. If you are good at speaking to an audience you could bring in something memorable that happened on the course and perhaps thank the tutors. Best of luck.

Marg from England.

I am an officer in a bank and my branch has accounts of all the schools and colleges in that area. One of colleges among them invited us to a seminar function and award function where I will receive an award on behalf of my branch and I have to say some words there. I am very hesitant about how I will do, as I have never given a speech anywhere.

Please help.

By jitender from India

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds like a very nice "honor" for anyone/company to receive. I always found the best speeches were very short and included lots of thanks to other people/companies for their assistance/contributions. Also nice if you know of any actual "deed" where someone benefited from this "merger" between your company and the schools. If possible, try not to use "I" in any sentence.

Google a short question:

need help with receiving a reward speech.

There are lots of ideas/programs with "ready made" speeches that you can adopt/use to make your own.

Read More Answers...

I will be receiving an Exceptional Citizenship award from my city for the volunteer work that I do for an organization that has submitted my name. This will take place at a dinner banquet. I am allowed to make a 30 second speech. My husband and family will attend plus a representative who has nominated me. I have some ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about encouraging others to volunteer to experience the wonderful fulfillment that your volunteering has given to your life?

I got a sales and marketing award for best performace. Now I have to speak on award winning in the annual sales and marketing conference. Hence I am requesting that you that please provide me with ideas.

By Ramesh G

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well how did you win the award? Was it your enthusiasm, dogged determination, or working 12 hour days? People like to hear other people talk about how they achieved their goal - it encourages them. Think about the techniques you used to win the award and build on that!

How do I express myself, in simple words, for receiving a best employee award?

By Krishna

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

1. Thank them.

2. Mention anyone who is a special help to you on a daily basis.

3. Say that, though it is always nice to be recognized, even when you aren't you hope your work speaks for itself.

4. Thank them again.

5. Bow out gracefully.

I am going to receive a high achievement award all over from my country. I am 16 yrs old. What should I say?

By Shahar

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank your parents and teachers, an say something about what you want to do with your education.

I will be receiving an award at work soon and would like to express my thanks to my coworkers. I am very shy and would like to know what to say after receiving the award. I am looking for something quick and short. I read in a book that the 2 words "thank you" is really all that is needed. Can you advise?

Onesummer

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Congratulations on your award. You have a good employer who recognizes good people and obviously wants to keep you.

How about something like "Thank you for this award for ______. I'm very pleased and honored to win it this year. It means a lot to me. Thank you to my supervisor (name) and my co-workers (names, names) for helping me to do my job well."

I feel it will be more professional if you mention the award and how pleased you are to receive it, rather than to say how shy you are, with the possible inference that you do not deserve the award. Trust the people who are giving the award. They say you deserve it, so you deserve it. Congratulations again.

Read More Answers...

I am going to receive 15 year service award present and would like to express my thanks. I am looking for something quick and short. I am a shy person.

By M. Maponga

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

First, congratulations on your award! Next, Garnetgirl's got a great idea! If you have trouble with saying all that, though, a simple "thank you" should do. (btw, Garnetgirl, I like your idea of going into the bathroom beforehand for a little "pep sing," lol!)

Read More Answers...

I will be receiving an award for being the best business student. What can I say?

By Eve from Vanderijlpark, SA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Being humble when accepting an award is always gracious. Trying humor can insult those whom you wish not to offend.

This sounds like a school based award, I would ask a school counselor to read what you plan to say, it will keep you comfortable, and out of trouble with your words.

If you have someone to thank for giving the award, you thank them first.

Then you give credit to parents, friends, teachers, etc pick those, or if 1, it is o.k. to say their name at that point. A hint from watching awards on TV, it gets boring when you have a who's who list and try not to miss a person. You insult those who are left out. Keeping it simple is always best.

Make sure your smile sounds appreciateve!

Read More Answers...
            Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceJuly 2, 2013
            Fax by Email
            Receiving Faxes by Email
            First Communion
            First Communion Speech Ideas
            daughter giving mother a gift
            Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
            1st prize ribbon
            Displaying Award Ribbons
            © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 5:06:43 PM on 10.0.2.98 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.