Browsing: Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Speech Ideas for Receiving an Award

Writing an acceptance speech can be difficult to do, even prominent figures have their own speech writers. This is a guide about speech ideas for receiving an award.

Receiving an Award
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 26, 2016 Flag

I'm getting and award as the best employee from my company and I want to say thank you to my boss and my management. So kindly suggest some ideas for a thank you speech.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

"Thank you very much for this honour. I would not be here today, accepting this award, without the help of _______ (your boss's name), and - indeed - the entire management team."

April 12, 2016 Flag

I'm a 32 year old asked to give a speech on behalf of my department where one of my colleagues has won the employee of the year award, what can I say?

As one who has written many speeches for others, I can tell you to start with "Congratulations." You might like to continue by commending your co-worker for all the traits which (s)he contributes to an enjoyable workplace: lending a hand where needed, boosting morale by being cheerful, looking for solutions instead of laying blame (for example)?

December 19, 2015 Flag

I will be recognized for the 15 years of service with the company. I have to provide a 4-5 sentence statement about my experience with the company that will be published in the company newsletter. Can you assist me on this please?

Presuming your 15 years with the company have been good ones, MN, why not concentrate your remarks on thanking the individuals who i) recognized your ability and took the opportunity to hire you, ii) those among your co-workers who helped you with projects through the years, iii) anyone who mentored you / helped your career and perhaps iv) the owner(s) who provide jobs and products / services. Good luck, and congratulations!

November 18, 2015 Flag

My General Manager received an award recently and being the Sales Manager, I have been chosen to give a speech on behalf of the employees for our GM. I don't know exactly how this goes. What am i supposed to say?

Good queston, Syed. Why not check the internet and youtube for congratulatory speeches for help getting started?

Good luck!

December 15, 2014 Flag

I will be receiving an award for being the best popular student of an accounting class at the 2015 graduation from Bayero University in Kano, Nigeria. Please help me determine what I can say?

By Zaharaddeen N.

Well done, Zaharaddeen. I'd keep it short and simple.

"Thank you. I'm really pleased and proud to receive this award. It's been a great course and I've made some good friends. I hope we keep in touch. Thank you all."

Something like that. If you are good at speaking to an audience you could bring in something memorable that happened on the course and perhaps thank the tutors. Best of luck.

Marg from England.

December 7, 2014 Flag

I am an officer in a bank and my branch has accounts of all the schools and colleges in that area. One of colleges among them invited us to a seminar function and award function where I will receive an award on behalf of my branch and I have to say some words there. I am very hesitant about how I will do, as I have never given a speech anywhere.

Please help.

By jitender from India

Be sure and say how grateful you are for the good working relationship you with the schools, and thank them for the honor. An interesting story that illustrates your work with them would be good; as would a funny story, as long as it makes everyone involved feel good, not embarrassed. Good luck!

Sounds like a very nice "honor" for anyone/company to receive. I always found the best speeches were very short and included lots of thanks to other people/companies for their assistance/contributions. Also nice if you know of any actual "deed" where someone benefited from this "merger" between your company and the schools. If possible, try not to use "I" in any sentence.

Google a short question:

need help with receiving a reward speech.

There are lots of ideas/programs with "ready made" speeches that you can adopt/use to make your own.

December 3, 2014 Flag

I am receiving an award for 25 years of service. I need some pointers for an acceptance speech.

By Joe from Toronto

Points to cover:

-Who you'd like to thank

-What encouraged you, pushed you, or helped you achieve this goal

-How you got here

I am being felicitated for completing 25 years of teaching in school...kindly help me with the speech....it should be short n sweet

April 15, 2015 Flag

I will be receiving an Exceptional Citizenship award from my city for the volunteer work that I do for an organization that has submitted my name. This will take place at a dinner banquet. I am allowed to make a 30 second speech. My husband and family will attend plus a representative who has nominated me. I have some ideas.

How about encouraging others to volunteer to experience the wonderful fulfillment that your volunteering has given to your life?

April 2, 2015 Flag

I got a sales and marketing award for best performace. Now I have to speak on award winning in the annual sales and marketing conference. Hence I am requesting that you that please provide me with ideas.

By Ramesh G

Well how did you win the award? Was it your enthusiasm, dogged determination, or working 12 hour days? People like to hear other people talk about how they achieved their goal - it encourages them. Think about the techniques you used to win the award and build on that!

September 24, 2014 Flag

How do I express myself, in simple words, for receiving a best employee award?

By Krishna

1. Thank them.

2. Mention anyone who is a special help to you on a daily basis.

3. Say that, though it is always nice to be recognized, even when you aren't you hope your work speaks for itself.

4. Thank them again.

5. Bow out gracefully.

January 9, 2008 Flag

I will be receiving an award at work soon and would like to express my thanks to my coworkers. I am very shy and would like to know what to say after receiving the award. I am looking for something quick and short. I read in a book that the 2 words "thank you" is really all that is needed. Can you advise?

Onesummer

"You are very thoughtful and while I am not eloquent, I consider your gift a very wonderful one and I thank you very much."

Congratulations on your award. You have a good employer who recognizes good people and obviously wants to keep you.

How about something like "Thank you for this award for ______. I'm very pleased and honored to win it this year. It means a lot to me. Thank you to my supervisor (name) and my co-workers (names, names) for helping me to do my job well."

I feel it will be more professional if you mention the award and how pleased you are to receive it, rather than to say how shy you are, with the possible inference that you do not deserve the award. Trust the people who are giving the award. They say you deserve it, so you deserve it. Congratulations again.

Read More Answers...

March 6, 2014 Flag

I am going to receive a high achievement award all over from my country. I am 16 yrs old. What should I say?

By Shahar

Thank your parents and teachers, an say something about what you want to do with your education.

September 5, 2011 Flag

I am going to receive 15 year service award present and would like to express my thanks. I am looking for something quick and short. I am a shy person.

By M. Maponga

I am thankful to have been in good health and to have been of service for fifteen years now. I enjoy what I do and all the wonderful people I (work with/help/meet) every day.

I am looking forward to many more years of service with (this company/all of you). Thank you for honoring me with this award.

(Then do something like a nod or a wave or hold the award up in the air, and smile. That should help everyone know you are finished talking).

I had to do a public speech that I was very nervous about in college. I went into the bathroom first, smiled at myself in the mirror and started singing the old song, "Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cuz I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me. I must be a heck of a (wo)man. Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can."

Moral: try to relax and smile. Congratulations!

First, congratulations on your award! Next, Garnetgirl's got a great idea! If you have trouble with saying all that, though, a simple "thank you" should do. (btw, Garnetgirl, I like your idea of going into the bathroom beforehand for a little "pep sing," lol!)

June 22, 2010 Flag

I will be receiving an award for being the best business student. What can I say?

Answer This QuestionMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
          Holidays and Parties Parties AdviceJuly 2, 2013
          Fax by Email
          Receiving Faxes by Email
          First Communion
          First Communion Speech Ideas
          daughter giving mother a gift
          Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
          1st prize ribbon
          Displaying Award Ribbons
          © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 4:47:53 AM on 10.0.1.237 in 325 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.