First Communion Speech Ideas

Their first communion is a very special day for a child. As a part of the celebration the parents of the child or the child themselves may wish to make a speech. This is a guide about first communion speech ideas.

I have be asked to raise a toast for my godchild's First Holy Communion and I'm completely tongue tied. Please help me. Thanks.

Oliver

Answers

Best Answer

Oliver, you don't say whether this godchild is male or female. Either way, you know the child best. My advice? Keep it simple, short and sweet. Maybe something like "To (insert child's name.) (Insert a one-sentence observation about the child here.) May God richly bless you in all your endeavors as you learn and grow in His grace." Sorry if this isn't in the right format, I'm not a Catholic. You could also do a search for "First Communion Toast" and see what pops up.

Best Answer

I agree, it's a holy day and a blessing would be better. I blessed my godson with a blessing based on his personality related to Bible men.

Example: May you be like Joseph, who trusted and obeyed God even when it was difficult. Print it out and give him a vision and goal of what he can be for God (or she, as the case may be).

Please give me some ideas for a thanksgiving speech for the occasion of my child's first holy communion.

Answers

Best Answer

You should thank everyone who has helped prepare your child for this blessed event, and who helped your child deepen his or her faith. Also thank people who have loved your child and made his life joyful.

Best Answer

"It is a real pleasure to have you all here to celebrate this occasion."

"Today is a day (child) will cherish and remember for the rest of (his/her) life."
"Words cannot express how grateful we are to have such loving friends and family to support and encourage (child) as (he/she) continues (his/her) journey of faith."
And a scripture: Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

Anonymous
Best Answer

you can thank those that guided her with the prep for the first time... thank the church for being a caring enough place to provide people that do that. and then the holy spirit for providing all who partake of communion the opportunity to become one with Jesus who gave the ultimate sacrifice to us all....

Can you please provide me with ideas for the First Holy Communion speech for my daughter?

By Dreena from Canada

Answers

Best Answer

First Communion brings happiness, stress, and speeches. Congrats to your daughter! An idea is to talk about what she learned and how fun it is and how she has become a very holy person. She can talk about how excited she is and how much she wants to share her excitement.

She can also praise her teachers for their help, and praise God for helping her through the process of First Communion! Hope this helps! Good luck to your daughter and family.

Please give me a thanksgiving speech for the occasion of my child's first holy communion.

By sijo

Answers

Holy communion speech ideas

I am looking for help with an introduction speech, toast, and thanksgiving.

By Rosy

Answers:

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

Wow, things sure have changed since my first communion almost fifty years ago. We accepted our first wafer with humility and personal thanks by talking to Christ in our own hearts, crossed ourselves, and genuflected before walking away from the alter.

We were not expected to speak to anyone else other than Jesus from our heart and that includes my parents not being expected to speak. I am not sure why a public speech is necessary, but in my heart if it's expected then a short and heartfelt, "Dear God, thank you for sending your only begotten son to save us and thank you Dear Jesus for suffering on the cross for us to cleanse us of our sins." I sincerely hope this helps. (12/02/2009)

By Ann

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

Cut-pasting from the above and adding my own, this is what I came up with for my godson's FHC. I was told to use the opportunity for evangelisation, which I did. On the whole, I think it turned out quite well. My thanks to the previous contributors:

"I would like to propose a toast to my dear godchild Jay. Let me start by thanking all our guests for making it to share in this very important occasion in our lives, the FHC of Jay.

Today is a day Jay will cherish and remember for the rest of his life. It is a day when we all celebrate Jay's commitment to our Christian faith in the presence of those who care most about him.

Belief in the real presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist is one of the pillars of Catholicism. When the priest utters the words of consecration over the bread and wine, it is transformed in substance (though not in form) into the very body and blood of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins. That is why it is considered a great grace and honour to partake of the Eucharistic Communion.

Jay, on this occasion it is customary for me to give you some advice. Every religion, including Christianity, stands on three things, viz.: integrity, compassion, and the desire for betterment. So my advice for you is this: 'Stand up straight and speak the truth. Always.'

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you have a great time. Please rise and join me in drinking a toast to Jay. We love you Jay. God bless you mightily. A whole new world unfolds before you. From this day on, let the faith in your heart always be your guide." (12/20/2009)

By hadippa

I need a speech for my son's 1st Holy communion.

DNolanq from Barnegat, NJ

Answers:

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

Speak from your heart to your child and to God. What have other parents said at 1st Communions in your church? No one but you can write a speech from your heart. (03/29/2007)

By Linda

First Holy Communion Toast

Rhea's FHC Toast

Carol and I would like to propose a toast to our Darling Daughter RHEA. Let me start by thanking all our guests for making it to share in this very important occasion in our lives, the FHC of our lovely daughter, Rhea.

Rhea has waited a long time for this day, today is one day Rhea will cherish and remember for the rest of her life. It is a day when we all celebrate Rhea's commitment to our Christian Faith in the presence of those who care most about her.

Rhea, you were a beautiful baby: cuddly and adorable, always longing for the safety of our arms and dependent on your parents for almost everything. As you grew, we were there and recorded every special occasion in our hearts. The time you started to crawl, that very first step, your first tooth and the very first time you had a haircut. As time passed, before we knew it, you had grown up. You had grown more beautiful and a little less dependent on us. All these things we stored away in our memory.

Thank you, sweet Rhea, for eight years of love, joy, memories, and laughter! You are truly a blessing from God, and we are so happy that you are our child! We couldn't have asked for a more loving and compassionate young daughter! You are our angel, and we love you so much, much more than words can ever say!

So let us congratulate Rhea on this very special day, when she has received our Lord for the first time in communion and let us wish her all happiness in her Christian life from this day forward. Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and join me in drinking a toast to Rhea. Hope you all have a great time.

We love you, Pups! God bless you mightily, Sweetie!

A whole new world unfolds before you
From this day on, let the faith in your heart, Always be your guide
Congratulations on the most sacred of new beginnings!

ricsanf @ gmail . com
(12/26/2007)

By Richard

First Holy Communion Speech Ideas

You might want to bring in the idea of Popeye and the Spinach which gives him strength. For us as Christians the "Spinach" which gives us strength is the Body of Christ.
Fr. Errol Fernandes s.j. (01/05/2008)

By Fr. Errol Fernandes s.j.

I am looking for a speech for my First Holy Communion. Any ideas?

Load More