Starting And Keeping A Worm Bin

I read Ellen Brown's answer regarding finding redworms in the "wild" in colder climates like Idaho. It is interesting to learn that redworms "dive" and hibernate during the cold.

I am wondering if would they also hibernate in a worm bin if it is kept outside their ideal temperature of 55-72? I have a worm bin that is kept in our garage, and central Washington winters can be harsh, so our garage is probably at around 45 degrees I would guess?

My worms are still alive. I have been feeding them all winter, but it seems like they are taking a lot longer to eat. Do you think they're in semi-hibernation from the cold?

By Marci from Yakima, WA

Starting and Keeping a Worm Bin
Worm Bin
Making a Worm Bin
Worm Tea
Making and Storing Worm Tea
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Worm Bin
Starting Worm Bin for Fish Bait