Statement Pendant Necklace
Vote for this contest contender!
Collect a pile of colourful plastic lids from food tubs and you can easily make this bold and bright pendant. Make sure the plastic is not brittle. You need the flexible type that can easily be cut with scissors.
- a selection of coloured plastic lids
- strong scissors
- hole punch
- ribbon or neck chain
- large key ring
- small key ring
- Your lids should be made of soft pliable plastic. If they are brittle they will be difficult to cut. Take one of the lids and trim off the rim to make it easier to cut your shapes.
- Cut random shapes from the lid. You can make them curvy or pointy.
- Make a hole in each shape.
- Attach the shapes to the large key ring.
- Attach the small key ring or a large strong jump ring to the large key ring. This is optional, but it helps the pendant to hang better.
- If you are using ribbon, tie it to the key ring and either sew or knot the ends together.
- Alternatively you can use a long strong neck chain.
- You can of course just thread your ribbon or chain through the ring, but as it is a large and relatively heavy pendant, tying makes it more stable as you move around
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!