Sticker on a Sweater

I bought a black sweater from Wal Mart and it had one of those sticker price tags on the front and some of the sticker got left on the front of it. I have tried everything to get it off. I have washed it a ton of times and I still haven't been able to remove it. Please help.

Sarah from Mooresville, NC

Answers:

Sticker on a Sweater

I haven't tried this myself, but maybe you could put white vinegar on, let it sit for a while and then wash. (03/30/2006)

By Willem

Sticker on a Sweater

Tap it with sticky tape. Sticky 'sticks' to sticky, so this should remove any remaining residue. Of course, if it's been cooked into the fibres by putting in the dryer, you might be 'stuck' with it the way it is. (03/30/2006)

By beanygurl

Sticker on a Sweater

As I recall, you can use WD-40 on fabrics. You might test an inconspicuous area first, but it should remove any adhesive. (03/30/2006)

By sueey

Sticker on a Sweater

Try Goo-Gone. It's found at places like Walmart and K-Mart. (03/30/2006)

By Beverly

Sticker on a Sweater

There is a product called Oops on the market. It works great!
(03/30/2006)

By Robin

Sticker on a Sweater

I totally agree with the WD40 trick as I do know that it works on other things. Spray the WD40 on a cotton tip and work the sticker free. Good luck! (03/30/2006)

By Paula Jo

Sticker on a Sweater

I am a little leary of using anything with an oil base to it, to remove sticker glue. It would be like trading one evil for another in my honest opinion. One thing I use to remove gum, price tags, and sticker glue and has always worked and never left a stain is paint thinner or lighter fluid. Of course a good laundering is necessary afterwords; but it takes care of the original problem without causing another. (03/30/2006)

By Brenda

Sticker on a Sweater

I would take it back to Wal Mart and show them that it did not come off. They should give you another one. (04/01/2006)

By Martha

Sticker on a Sweater

White spirit, check on inconspicuous place for colour run first. This works on hard surfaces so should work. (07/30/2006)

By Katherine

Sticker on a Sweater
Cardigan made from altering a sweater.
Make a Cardigan From a Sweater
Purse from an Old Sweater
Making a Sweater Purse or Bag
Bumper Sticker
Removing a Bumper Sticker
Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
🎉
🎄