Storing Almond Bark

Category Storage
Almond bark is a vegetable oil based candy coating. With proper storage the bark can be kept for while. This is a guide about storing almond bark.

How long does white almond bark last? I have a package from last Christmas. It still looks and smells good, but I don't want to use it if it could go bad.

Char from IL

I had some left over from last Christmas but it worked like a charm on my peanut butter crackers.Good lunch and a very Merry Christmas! God bless.

There should be a out date on the pkg. but normally it is good for a year or more when you melt it you will know if its good because it won't melt smoothly.

Anonymous

If you're talking about baking usage it will be just fine :-) Even to simply eat it is still good but just might not 'look fresh'. Any type of chocolate stays good just about forever ;-)

I bought a package of almond bark last year on sale. I just used it to dip pretzels in for the holidays. No problem at all, they are delicious.

I buy loads of almond bark on sale after Christmas and freeze it. I've had some of it SEVERAL YEARS and it was fine. It does seem to lose color after a while but it still tastes and works great.

I have used 2 year old white almond bark and my husband still liked it. After 2 years it does not harden right.

Sugar dries things out so well that it's a good preservative, so the almond bark is probably fine.

I would like to know if almond bark will last a full year?

My daughter is getting married in 10 months. Can I stock up on chocolate almond bark now to make the molded candy a few weeks before the wedding, and should it be stored in the pantry or the freezer?

By nwanderski