Browsing: Storing Fresh Mint

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Storing Fresh Mint

Keeping you fresh mint fresh is actually quite easy to do. This is a guide about storing fresh mint.

Fresh Mint

March 31, 2010 Flag

How do I keep the mint leaves fresh?

By jayasree

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Wrap the mint in a moistened paper towel. Place the towel in a plastic bag and seal it, and then place the bag in the vegetable drawer of your fridge. Good luck.

I keep mine wrapped in the store veggie bag on the top shelf of my fridge (I do this with all fresh herbs) and they stay fresh for about a week and a half. Plus I don't forget I have them storing them that way because they're not hidden away ;-)

When it looks like they might be going bad and haven't used them all yet I place them in a small freezer bag and keep them on the door compartment of my freezer because they'll still be good as a cooking ingredient :-)

Food and Recipes StorageApril 22, 2013
Vanilla Ice Cream With Mint on Top
Recipes Using Mint
Mint Brownies
Mint Brownie Recipes
Canning Mint Sauce
Canning Mint Sauce
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 11:53:55 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 540 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.