Storing Almond Bark?

After you heat up almond bark can you store what is left over and reuse it? If you can reuse it how many times can you reuse it?

Answers

Best Answer

Once you are done don't let it harden in the pan or the bowl. Immediately pour the leftover almond bark on to parchment paper and put it in the freezer to harden. Now store this in an airtight container in the freezer. You can use it again for making cakes or dipping candy in as long as you did not already dip candy in it. Normally they say it can last for several months like this.

Best Answer

As long as you do not over heat it, you can wrap tightly and freeze for future use. Make sure when you are freezing it that you get as much air out of package so that it doesn't add moisture/water to your bark!

Best Answer

It will start killing the texture and giving it this odd separated granular oiliness. Try to use what you can in bits and don't keep reheating. Same goes for most foods.

Answer this Question

3 More Questions

My almond bark is discolored--sort of a tan color. Is it safe to use?

Answers

Best Answer

According to this article keeps for several weeks in an airtight container. If you are in doubt, throw it out.

Best Answer

If you have made the bark and it is a new batch this should be fine. If you purchased this in the store then it is not a good idea to use this. The bark seems old and I would not trust it at all. Where I live there are times we buy products in our store that are new and the date is still good on the product. When we open it up the product is bad and we can not use it.

Answer this Question

How long does white almond bark last? I have a package from last Christmas. It still looks and smells good, but I don't want to use it if it could go bad.

Char from IL

Answers

By (Guest Post)

I had some left over from last Christmas but it worked like a charm on my peanut butter crackers.Good lunch and a very Merry Christmas! God bless.

By sillepeanut (Guest Post)

There should be a out date on the pkg. but normally it is good for a year or more when you melt it you will know if its good because it won't melt smoothly.

If you're talking about baking usage it will be just fine :-) Even to simply eat it is still good but just might not 'look fresh'. Any type of chocolate stays good just about forever ;-)

By jean from MI (Guest Post)

I bought a package of almond bark last year on sale. I just used it to dip pretzels in for the holidays. No problem at all, they are delicious.

By AuntyC (Guest Post)

I buy loads of almond bark on sale after Christmas and freeze it. I've had some of it SEVERAL YEARS and it was fine. It does seem to lose color after a while but it still tastes and works great.

By Rose (Guest Post)

I have used 2 year old white almond bark and my husband still liked it. After 2 years it does not harden right.

Sugar dries things out so well that it's a good preservative, so the almond bark is probably fine.

I have used mine for years & it is still good & tastes fine

Answer this Question

My daughter is getting married in 10 months. Can I stock up on chocolate almond bark now to make the molded candy a few weeks before the wedding, and should it be stored in the pantry or the freezer?

By nwanderski

Answers

it will be fine and will keep if stored in a cabinet un opened or you can freeze it, but not necessary.

If I make a mold with almond bark how long will it last out after its melted and molded

This is more likely to be noticed if you submit it as a question. It usually takes a couple of days to be published and receive answers.

www2.thriftyfun.com/.../index.lasso?share=11

Answer this Question
Food and Recipes StorageJune 4, 2013
🌻
👒
🐰
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Almond-Bark.html