Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I would like some tips for storing Christmas paper rolls. I hate when the cut end of the roll gets torn and wrinkled and hung up on the others. Then you have to waste a large amount to get to the "good" paper. I know rubber bands help some, but is there something even better? Thanks.

By minnabird from VA

Answers:

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I use the soft hair pony tail holders. They do not tare the paper and you can put on as loose or tight as you like. (05/28/2009)

By theseamstress

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I use pantyhose. Just drop the wrapping paper tube down the leg and tie a knot at the top. You can even get a few wrapping paper tubes down one leg, depending on the size of the wrapping paper. (05/30/2009)

By Jenny1970

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I cut a small strip of paper off of the roll, wrap it around the roll and tape it. There is nothing to keep track of when you use the roll. Usually, there are always a few strips of paper left over from the wrapping. At Christmas, there are lots of little strips left that would work. It doesn't have to be from the roll itself, any strip of paper that fits around the roll would work. (05/30/2009)

By jagegr

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

When you use up a roll of paper or even paper towels, save the cardboard core. Cut it length wise and snap it over the good rolls. (05/30/2009)

By plwp12

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I use a under the bed storage container to hold my paper. I have two; one for Christmas and one for other occasion type paper. this has worked for me for at least ten years. (05/30/2009)

By mary1day

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I buy lots of paper after the holidays are over, so much cheaper, but that leaves me with lots of rolls falling all over themselves. So I finally went to a wrapping station upright box on wheels and it has saved my hoard of wrapping paper!

When I buy several rolls of the same paper I take some time when i get home to roll all that paper onto 1 tube making it into a huge sausage tube. I then place smaller sized rolls of paper into the larger sized paper tubes. The size of my hoard would look like it shrank my 1/2 by combining this way. Then all my sausage tubes get put into my wrap station and rolled into the closet, out of the way.

PS The smaller non-rolled pieces of wrap paper is put into gallon sized zips and placed onto the paper rolls at the top of the station. (05/30/2009)

By soyzicks

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

Use a knee high stocking on each end of the paper, keep that in place with a rubber band. Works for me. (05/30/2009)

By Paula Jo Carr

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I use cut up panty hose. I make lots of "rubber bands" from the legs; use the waist for bigger items, even hair bands. I then store all the rolls in a tall kitchen trash can! Good luck -- lots of good ideas put forth. (05/30/2009)

By HalfWhit

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I usually end up taking the whole lot off the roll and folding the paper up -I find it takes up less storage space this way (05/30/2009)

By Sharylesley

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I also use a plastic container that I bought at Walmart that holds all of my rolls of paper along with the ribbon and keep it stored under the bed. It has kept my paper in pristine condition for at least ten years. I have a lot due to the kids in the neighborhood selling wrapping paper for fund raisers for many years! Thank heavens they have recently changed to candy and nuts for their fund raising. (05/30/2009)

By Kathryen

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

Gals, let me tell you my trick! After any gift giving holiday I watch for the sales. When it gets down to like 75% off, I start buying. Rolls of paper: take off the roll and fold it flat. You remember getting flat wrap in stores, don't you?

Gift bags that I receive and I purchase at thrift stores and garage sales: fold flat. All of this gets stored between my mattresses flat. It cannot get damaged..always there when I need it! I picked up a 4 drawer chest made of cardboard from a thrift shop for $4.99. I put all my ribbon, cards, tape, curling ribbon shredder, scissors and gift tags in the 4 drawers. (05/30/2009)

By Brandyme789

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I slide the paper off the cardboard, put my fingers in one end of the tube of paper and roll it tighter, then slip it back inside the cardboard. I store my tubes of wrapping paper in a 30 gallon garbage container with a garbage bag over the top to keep out dust. I have 2 containers - 1 for Christmas and 1 for other papers. When I need to use the paper I cut the cardboard from one end to the other and slide the paper out the slit. (05/31/2009)

By Curvedbar

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

What wonderful ideas I'm going to get going on all of these. I also have the same problem. (08/26/2009)

By lrrn567

Storing Rolls of Wrapping Paper

I also take mine off the roll and fold it. Then it's put into the filing cabinet, lol. I have a drawer for Christmas and then one for birthdays, lol. (11/15/2010)

By itzy

Picture of rolls of wrapping paper.
Organizing Wrapping Paper
Row of Wrapped Gifts
Saving Money on Wrapping Paper
Empty cardboard toilet paper rolls, ready for reusing.
Valentine Crafts Using Toilet Paper Rolls
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
🎉
🎄