Storing Wrapping Paper

I have a small area in which I do a lot of crafts. My collection of wrapping paper seems to grow this time of the year. Here's a way I make my small area more efficient and a space saver with cup hooks, wood dowels and plastic or metal chains. I suspend the chains underneath my shelves and run my dowels through the chains. The chains are attached underneath the counter with cup hooks.

18 More Solutions

After Christmas, if you take your leftover Christmas wrap off the roll, roll it back up, and place it inside the cardboard holder it will keep better for next year. By Sharon

I use one of those under the bed storage boxes for organizing my gift wrapping. Along with all the wrapping paper, I keep scissors and cellophane tape, ribbons, sticky labels and card tags along with birthday cards and a few left over Christmas cards.

Reuse tin foil boxes to store small amounts of leftover wrapping paper. Wax paper boxes can also be used for this purpose.

Here is a new use for my empty 3 liter soda bottle, a frugal rolled paper storage solution. Just remove the top and bottom.

Using a bottle to store wrapping paper.

I came across this idea and it is perfect. Screw in four wall anchors, and run galvanized wire to support about a dozen large rolls of wrapping paper on your ceiling closet. No more ruined wrapping paper!

After years of juggling with my many wrapping and tissue papers, gift bags, and ribbons I designated one of my rarely used pieces of luggage to hold these items. It is easy to take out into a room to wrap gifts too! Everything in one place.

Open suitcase with gift wrap stored inside.

Cleaning out storage and closets and I found a whole bunch of wrapping paper that I didn't realize I had! To keep your wrapping paper neat and tidy, you can put them in a box. I used a Pampers wipes box and it fit a generous amount of wrapping paper ~ 16 rolls!

Long rolls of wrapping paper stored in a recycled cardboard box.

I put my left over Christmas wrapping paper inside the legs of the pantyhose and hang in the closet until next year.

I created a special space for storing tubes of gift wrap and ribbon. I put a shower curtain rod 4 feet up from the floor in my storage closet. Then, using old pantyhose, I put a tube of gift wrap or ribbon in each leg and tie it using ribbon at the top.

If you don't keep your collapsible chairs in the pouch they came in, you can store your rolls of wrapping paper in them. It keeps light and dust from ruining the rolls of paper.

I use my tall brass umbrella "bucket" to store rolls of wrapping paper. All of my umbrellas are the small, compact type that get lost in the stand, so it works well for storing the wrapping paper.

You can hang wrapping paper on shower hooks on a towel bar,or in a closet.That way it will not get ruined like most of mine does.

Rolls of wrapping paper being hung by metal shower hooks.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I found a really neat way to keep your wrapping paper from unraveling, without tearing or spoiling your paper. Use a coated elastic band used to hold ponytails.

If you have any old suit bags, use them for storing long rolls of gift wrap. Also enclose, to save on time, put a roll of scotch tape, scissors, gift tags and a pen or marker.

Once you use part of a roll of wrapping paper it is difficult to keep it from unwrapping from the tube. Try using another smaller diameter paper tube, cut up its length, to secure the cut edge. This is a page about using recycled cardboard tubes to hold wrapping paper.

Rolls of wrapping paper with cardboard tubes

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Wrapping paper is notorious for unrolling. Finding a way to prevent this without wrinkling the paper too much can be a bit of a task. This is a page about keeping Christmas wrap rolls from unrolling.

Christmas Wrap

Load More
Organizing StorageSeptember 19, 2017
📓
🎃
🎂
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Storing-Wrapping-Paper.html