Substitute For Powdered Milk

I ran out of powdered milk. What can I use for a substitute?

Substitute For Powdered Milk

Very good recipe for cooking and baking substitutions:

You can also use rice, soy or almond milk in place of powdered milk. (09/28/2007)

Substitute For Powdered Milk

Depending on the recipe, I have been known to substitute powdered coffee creamer. I wouldn't want to put it on cereal though. (10/01/2007)

By janaz

Substitute For Powdered Milk

well, ummmm, I'd try......

LOL! (10/01/2007)

By nancycorinne

Substitute For Powdered Milk

My youngest daughter is allergic to dairy and I discovered that a lot of things are fine if I just used water. If it is cake or cookies add a Tbsp. of mayonnaise too. (10/01/2007)

By siris

Substitute For Powdered Milk

Depends what u need it for. Substitute liquid milk by reducing liquids in a recipe accordingly. Otherwise, creamer could also be use, but as it is an oil product, the nutrition wouldn't be there. Depending on the recipe, a mild juice like apple can be used instead. (10/02/2007)

By thriftmeg

Substitute For Powdered Milk

If you are asked for dry milk for a bread recipe you can use the following substitution:

3 Tbsp dry milk = 1/2 cup+1 Tbsp fresh milk

2 1/2 Tbsp = 1/2 cup

2 Tbsp = 3/8 cup

1 1/2 Tbsp = 5 Tbsp

1 Tbsp = 3 Tbsp

1/2 Tbsp = 2 Tbsp

The milk solids add only colour and a dash of nutrients so you can either sub some of your water for milk or skip it all together without any problems. (09/28/2008)

By Wendy R

Substitute For Powdered Milk
Powdered Milk
Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Collection of dried and canned foods including box of powdered milk.
Making Powdered Milk Taste Better
Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk