Sunless Tanning Products Causing Itching

Is there a product out there for sunless tanning lotion that does not cause itching?

I've read that there are many others that have experienced the same reaction that I

get after applying the lotion. There must be something out there.

Thanks.
Vanwert

Answers:

The only product that doesn't make me itch is Tan Towels. They dry quickly and don't have that really awful smell.
(03/24/2007)

By profile=thr896379">Bogus52

Well, I have been using Lancome for quite a while. It's a bit more expensive, but I have never had a reaction. Then I switched to Clarin's because I heard great things about it. They were right, the tan looked fantastic. Then I got hives all over my entire body where I applied it. Classic allergic reaction. I don't think it's the DHA with me, I think it's the cetyl alcohol. After doing some research I found that alcohol is not in the Lancome products at all and it's not in the Clarin's face product either. I liked the Clarin's look better, but it's not worth the itching!

Definitely go with lancome. (04/02/2007)

By Lindsey

I am your typical Celtic looking girl, red hair, blue eyes, and pale skin not to mention the freckles. I rarely tan and love self tans. I personally have never found
self tanning products to be a problem on my skin, but my friend has with St Tropez
self tan lotion, we are the tanning queens! That product is the only one we have had a problem with. Try Fake Bake (my favourite) or St Tropez Mouse.

Also shave or wax at least 24-48 hours prior to treatment, this will allow your pores to close. This helps with not getting the tan in your pores and looking

spotty, and also exfoliate 24-48 hours prior to treatment, this will help remove the dead skin cells on the surface. I find that if I haven't exfoliated for a few days
my legs itch. I hope this helps, don't give up on the self tans they are so much safer than the sun and give the same fantastic results. (06/26/2007)

By Victoria

Try Neutrogena Sheer Tint Temporary Sunless Spray. It gives a natural tan, but
washes off in the shower. No DHA and leaves a beautiful tan with no blotches. I too had a terrible itchy/hive reaction to the DHA this year. They must be putting more
of this ingredient in products, as it has never bothered me before. (06/10/2008)

By Denise

I too had an allergic reaction to several self tanners all of a sudden. But now that I have stopped putting them on with latex gloves, the itching and rash have disappeared. The gloves were not the ones that came with the tanner. Those eventually tore so I bought a pack of latex at the store. Make sure that you are not allergic to latex gloves. (02/28/2009)

By Cole

A woman itching her back.
Woman tanning next to a pool.
Homemade Tanning Oil Recipes
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner
🎉
🎄