Sunless Tanning Products Causing Itching

Is there a product out there for sunless tanning lotion that does not cause itching?

I've read that there are many others that have experienced the same reaction that I

get after applying the lotion. There must be something out there.

The only product that doesn't make me itch is Tan Towels. They dry quickly and don't

have that really awful smell.

By profile=thr896379">Bogus52

Well, I have been using Lancome for quite a while. It's a bit more expensive, but I

have never had a reaction. Then I switched to Clarin's because I heard great things

about it. They were right, the tan looked fantastic. Then I got hives all over my

entire body where I applied it. Classic allergic reaction. I don't think it's the

DHA with me, I think it's the cetyl alcohol. After doing some research I found that

alcohol is not in the Lancome products at all and it's not in the Clarin's face

product either. I liked the Clarin's look better, but it's not worth the itching!

Definitely go with lancome. (04/02/2007)

By Lindsey

I am your typical Celtic looking girl, red hair, blue eyes, and pale skin not to

mention the freckles. I rarely tan and love self tans. I personally have never found

self tanning products to be a problem on my skin, but my friend has with St Tropez

self tan lotion, we are the tanning queens! That product is the only one we have had

a problem with. Try Fake Bake (my favourite) or St Tropez Mouse.

Also shave or wax at least 24-48 hours prior to treatment, this will allow your

pores to close. This helps with not getting the tan in your pores and looking

spotty, and also exfoliate 24-48 hours prior to treatment, this will help remove the

dead skin cells on the surface. I find that if I haven't exfoliated for a few days

my legs itch. I hope this helps, don't give up on the self tans they are so much

safer than the sun and give the same fantastic results. (06/26/2007)

By Victoria

Try Neutrogena Sheer Tint Temporary Sunless Spray. It gives a natural tan, but

washes off in the shower. No DHA and leaves a beautiful tan with no blotches. I too

had a terrible itchy/hive reaction to the DHA this year. They must be putting more

of this ingredient in products, as it has never bothered me before. (06/10/2008)

By Denise

I too had an allergic reaction to several self tanners all of a sudden. But now that

I have stopped putting them on with latex gloves, the itching and rash have

disappeared. The gloves were not the ones that came with the tanner. Those

eventually tore so I bought a pack of latex at the store. Make sure that you are

not allergic to latex gloves. (02/28/2009)

By Cole

Woman tanning next to a pool.
Homemade Tanning Oil Recipes
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
A woman putting on sunscreen.
Fixing Streaks From Sunless Tanner