Tar on Microfiber

How do I get tar off of my microfiber group set? I am that one person who can't have a spot. Please help.

Mary

Answers:

Tar on Microfiber

It's been a long time since I had to get tar off of something, but I think I used lighter fluid. Use a paper towel, soak spot with the fluid "scrape", blot with the paper towel. Do it over and over. After it's all gone let evaporate, then clean the fluid with something that cuts grease. That will get the lighter fluid off. I would try a small spot of lighter fluid in a place hidden, to see if you can get it off this material. (08/19/2008)

By Chris

Tar on Microfiber

I would call a professional. It is worth the money. Anything you might try at home may damage the fabric. Professionals have the tools needed to really get the stain out. (08/20/2008)

By Tigertame4

Tar on Microfiber

Try cleaning it with teatree essential oil. Put a small amount of it on a clean cloth. Try on small area that is not seen, first just to make sure it does not harm the fabric. (08/26/2008)

By patsand31

Tar on Microfiber

I took the lighter fluid idea, but used gas on a tip of a cloth, and got the stain out. (10/30/2008)

By forgivin husbnd

Tar on Microfiber
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🎉
🎄