Thrifty Summer Activities

Summer activities that don't cost a lot of money. Post your ideas.

Great Thrifty Summer Activities (06/14/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Inexpensive Summer Activities for Kids

I remember when I was five years old, and all the others siblings were in school, I got pretty bored sometimes. That's when my mom or dad would teach me things. Here's a little list, it works.

1. teach them how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich by putting the peanut butter on both slices, then the jelly won't fall out.

2. Colored paper stirs up all kinds of ideas. It's never too early to learn how to make Christmas decorations like a long chain of strips of colored paper to put on the tree.

3. A bucket of water and a paint brush for outside of course. You never have to teach them what to do with it. They will always know the best idea for that.

4. Kids water paints are great. I keep an end roll of plain newspaper around for a variety of uses, and painting, coloring or drawing a town on a large piece with roads and houses and businesses. Remind them to make a park in their city. This goes well with toy cars, dolls and teddy bears.

By Ardis

Family going to the park.
Summer Activities for Kids
Winter Activities For Kids
Winter Activities For Kids
Elderly Woman Walking with Daughter
Activities for the Elderly and Disabled
Growing Summer Blooming Bulbs
Summer Activities for Teens
Summer Activities for Teens