Tiny Holes In Clothing

I keep finding tiny round holes in my clothing and think it may be caused by moths. Should I be able to see these moths? If so what do they look like? Thanks.

By Ruth from Scotland

Answers:

Tiny Holes In Clothing

Ruth, below is link that might help. As the article says, it's the larvae of these fabric pests, not the adults, doing the damage so I doubt you will actually see them. Also check the inside finish of both your washing machine and dryer for imperfections. Any slight nick on the interior or paint of the walls, lids, and doors can cause dozens and dozens of small clothing snags long before you even spot them.

Here's the site. (I'm sure there are many others like it on the web if this doesn't answer your questions. Search under "moths and silverfish" or "fabric pests".) Good luck.

http://www.pantrypest.com/fabriccontrol.htm (01/13/2011)

By KansasCindy

Tiny Holes In Clothing

Silver fish can also be doing this. They like to eat fabric. (01/17/2011)

By TandT Grandma

Tiny Holes In Clothing

After getting holes in many of my shirts only worn with my jeans, I have concluded that the metal button on my jeans is causing the problem. I rarely tuck shirts in. Now I am putting masking tape over the buttons so I will see if that helps.
(02/20/2011)

By lindab1527

Tiny Holes In Clothing

I have been having this problem for years and it's been driving me mad. I have finally worked out that it is my jeans, all 3 pairs do it. It's not the button or the belt but when I sit down my jeans are quite tight over my tummy and the zip tends to stick out and I think that is what's doing it. I tried cutting the zip off and replacing with a safety pin, but still got holes. I now have a pair of button fly jeans and finally have some t shirts without holes. Not easy to find button flies though. Anyone know a good place to get these? (03/23/2011)

By cas_stevens

Close up of a small hole in a grey t-shirt
Tiny Holes In Clothing
Drilling Holes in Glass
Drilling Holes in Glass
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Filling Holes in Cabinet Doors
Man wearing a white t-shirt.
Repairing a Cotton T-Shirt
Man Putting Spackling Paste is Hole in Wall
Filling Nail Holes in a Wall
🎄