Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

When washing dishes by hand, don't keep the hot water running. Rather, partially fill up the sink with warm, sudsy water. Wash multiple items before running the warm water again to rinse them off. Allow to air dry in the drain. You'll save gallons of water.

By Fern from Portland, ME

Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

Since I don't have a dishwasher, what I do is fill my dishpan with HOT water, antibacterial dish detergent and a sprinkle of baking soda. I wear the yellow dish washing gloves so the hot water doesn't burn me. I wash as many dishes as I can, and place them next to the dish pan, then rinse them all at once and let air dry. My dishes are just as sanitized as if I had used a dish washer and I am saving water too. (05/07/2006)

By kimmcg

Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

Thank you for the posting and the feedback. I remember doing this when it was one of my 'chores' as a youngster. (05/09/2006)

By Jamie

Hand Washing Dishes
Hand Washing Dishes
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 8:33:17 PM on in 858 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.