Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

This maybe a silly request, but does anyone have any tips on washing dishes without the front of my shirt getting wet? The sink is positioned so I have to lean against it when washing dishes so it doesn't kill my back.

I know I could wear an apron or put a dish towel on the edge of the sink, but it usually ends up on the floor or in the sink. Anyone have any ideas?

By Suza from GA

Answers:

Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

You could buy or make a vinyl apron to wear. You could use safty pins or clothes pins to fasten a towel to your clothes while doing the dishes.If you are putting the water in the sink, try using a dish pan, so the water is not right at the edge of the sink where you lean. (12/21/2009)

By Omanana

Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

Put a big pan in sink bottoms up then put a dish pan on top of it to wash dishes in, that will make the pan higher, maybe this will help you. Also wear a plastic apron,if you don't have on make one with a garbage bag, good luck. (12/21/2009)

By kffrmw88

Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

Perhaps you could put on a windbreaker jacket or a light weatherproof jacket backwards - with the back of it on the front and the snaps in the back. Good luck! (12/25/2009)

By kitkatk100

Tips for Hand Washing Dishes

I'm visually impaired and do not own a dishwasher. My sink is rather tall for me, as I'm only 5-2. I also have to lean against the sink, but rarely get more than a few drops of water on myself. Here's my strategy:

Rather than pick up the dish completely out of the water to wash, I do most of the washing with the dish submerged. If I have to, I'll stand the dish on its edge on the bottom of the sink while I gently swipe with the dish cloth.

When I'm ready to transfer the dish from point to point - from wash to rinse and rinse to dish rack - I hold it suspended and let most of the water drip off first.

Of course, it prob helps that I don't move very fast, lol! Someone watching me would prob think I was impersonating a sloth, lol! Yet no one gets my dishes cleaner than I can. And all this without soaking the front of my clothes, and no apron required. :D (12/27/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Hand Washing Dishes
Hand Washing Dishes
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
China tea cup and saucer with floral pattern.
Cleaning Fine China Dishes
Cleaning Dishes
Cleaning Greasy Dishes
🎄