Tomato Stains On Clothing

I have a t-shirt mostly white with some black designs on it and I have I believe a tomato stain. I have tried everything to get it out, but no luck. I heard Simple Green gets any and everything out. Should I try that and hope it does not ruin the black design?

Paula from Tacoma, WA

Answers:

Tomato Stains On Clothing

After treating, I would try to bleach out the stain. You could try using hydrogen peroxide with a pressing cloth and iron, providing heat, for a very gentle bleaching and repeat until the stain disappears. Tomato stains are awful that's why I carry Shout Wipes and dab my husband's shirts, not to mention mine. The sooner you get to tomato stains the better, don't let them set. (07/19/2007)

By pamphyila

Tomato Stains On Clothing

I was able to rub some Dawn into my white blouse and then washed it when I got lasagna on it and it came out. Good luck. (07/19/2007)

By imaqt1962

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Putting your stained shirt in the sun all day should work it always takes my tomato stains away. (07/23/2007)

By Mary Ann

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Make up a spray bottle with half bleach, half water, and very carefully spray "only the stain", let sit for a bit and rinse out. Hopefully you can do this away from the black and it will work. Good luck. (07/24/2007)

By KLJohn

Tomato Stains On Clothing

If you have not already put it in the dryer, try toothpaste. I thought it was weird the first time I heard it, but after trying it, it took the stain right out. Apply a little bit, and use a toothbrush to scrub it away gently. (02/22/2009)

Tomato Stains On Clothing
A messy baby getting tomato sauce stains on his clothing.
Removing Tomato Sauce Stains on Clothing
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎉
🎄