Tomato Stains On Clothing

I have a t-shirt mostly white with some black designs on it and I have I believe a tomato stain. I have tried everything to get it out, but no luck. I heard Simple Green gets any and everything out. Should I try that and hope it does not ruin the black design?

Paula from Tacoma, WA

Answers:

Tomato Stains On Clothing

After treating, I would try to bleach out the stain. You could try using hydrogen peroxide with a pressing cloth and iron, providing heat, for a very gentle bleaching and repeat until the stain disappears. Tomato stains are awful that's why I carry Shout Wipes and dab my husband's shirts, not to mention mine. The sooner you get to tomato stains the better, don't let them set. (07/19/2007)

By pamphyila

Tomato Stains On Clothing

I was able to rub some Dawn into my white blouse and then washed it when I got lasagna on it and it came out. Good luck. (07/19/2007)

By imaqt1962

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Putting your stained shirt in the sun all day should work it always takes my tomato stains away. (07/23/2007)

By Mary Ann

Tomato Stains On Clothing

Make up a spray bottle with half bleach, half water, and very carefully spray "only the stain", let sit for a bit and rinse out. Hopefully you can do this away from the black and it will work. Good luck. (07/24/2007)

By KLJohn

Tomato Stains On Clothing

If you have not already put it in the dryer, try toothpaste. I thought it was weird the first time I heard it, but after trying it, it took the stain right out. Apply a little bit, and use a toothbrush to scrub it away gently. (02/22/2009)