Toothache Remedies

Does anybody have any home remedies for a killer toothache? Please help!

Gladys from Chelsea, MA

Answers:

Toothache

Put a few drops of clove oil on a cotton ball and pack it against the aching tooth. If you don't have any clove oil handy, a clove will work almost as well. Or, try chewing on a clove of garlic. It tastes pretty bad and forget about your breath! Your pain should be gone within a few minutes!

By MrsMoted2 (05/17/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Toothache Remedies

Put a tea bag inside your mouth where you have the toothache and hold it in there for about 10 to 15 minutes, and your toothache will lighten up, and it will take a lot of stress from hurting off of you, too. (08/09/2005)

By Kay

Toothache Remedies

I've heard people say to use ginger root, but what if you don't have any, but you do have ground ginger. Take the ground ginger and mix it with a small amount of water to create a paste. Apply it to the aching tooth, and it should stop for a couple of hours.
(09/11/2005)

By Bullet_tooth_tony

Toothache Remedies

A lady friend at work told me about clove oil, and another tip; crush an aspirin, ibuprofen, or codeine product (Vicodene,Tylenol or whatever) and put it inside the cavity of the tooth. Then bite down on a cotton ball soaked with clove oil for 1/2 hour. The swelling hasn't subsided, but the pain has.
maybe i'll get some sleep tonight (09/22/2005)

By Sleepless In Detroit

Toothache Remedies

The dentist once told me that you mix equal parts of peroxide and water, and swish this in your mouth. That will help rid the infection. I can't remember how many times I had to do that, but it does help until you get to the dentist to have the problem taken care of. (03/04/2007)

By kghsave

Toothache Remedies

See a dentist immediately! A nine year old child in our area died from and infected tooth. The infection spread to his brain. (03/06/2007)

By Jazzylazzy

Toothache Remedies

Ouch, this reminds me too much of when I hurt so badly that I accidentally overdosed on Tylenol, poisoning my liver and praying for a miracle healing, which I got after I'd been admitted, and about to be placed on the Liver Transplant list. Don't take too many Tylenol, rather alternate between Tylenol and Alieve.

I listened to all suggestions, even stuffing
whole cloves into the large missing filling's old cavity. Once the severe pain begins, it needs antibiotics from the doctor. I got Clindamycin and it healed the infection, which is always from pus inside
the tooth and surrounding gum-line/mucous membranes. Just be careful not to overdose on any
painkiller, as I did with 5cc of pus swelling between
my jaw skin and lower teeth.

After it healed, I bought Jason's Sea Fresh toothpaste with CoQ10 and Perilla, which heals the gums so well that I have not had any more problems and it's been about 6 months! A little more expensive than good toothpaste because it's organic, has no fluoride, and the Perilla comes from the mountains of China which truly heals the gums fast if used twice a day.

Don't wait too long. I have too much dental work needed, so I have to hope for charitable help for my teeth. The perioxide rinse will help to PREVENT the infection, but will NOT help to heal it AFTER the abcess is there. Regular toothpaste tastes like liquid sugar, now that I've used the Jason so long, and
I will NEVER use that sugary stuff again. I feel that
IT caused the decay as much as anything. : (

I wound up going to the local emergency room in a hospital who admitted me immediately at their insistence, although I told them clearly that I cannot pay for it. Later they claimed I owed $6700, even
though I received a total healing the second day and they knew all about it, saying they had no idea
why I healed so quickly, that it MUST be a miracle!

Good luck and God bless you. : )

(03/06/2007)

By Lynda

Toothache Remedies

Saturate a cotton ball or sterile gauze with warm oil of cloves and apply it to the tooth for about half an hour. Ordinary cloves wrapped in the gauze will work, too, but not as well or as comfortably. (03/07/2007)

By sheilamay

Toothache Remedies

Toothaches are painful but can be prevented by take suitable precautions. Avoid eating
food which will result in the formation of acid in the mouth, brush teeth regularly with a fluoride
toothpaste. I found the information at: aches.in/preventtoothache.html (04/15/2007)

By pcwork

Toothache Remedies

Ive had a horrible toothache for the last several days. I went to my dentist to find out I do indeed need a 1,200 dollar root canal, so its either pay my bills and rent to have a place to live or live with a toothache. I went to Walgreens, and bought some stuff called Cavity Gum. It kinda looks like gum. You tear off a piece and place it into the cavity. It offered a lot of help, with some Ibprofen. Until I can save at least a hundred dollars to have the tooth pulled. I live paycheck to paycheck. It's sad when you have a low income, and have to be in pain because you can't afford to get proper care! (07/23/2007)

By BOBBIE

Toothache Remedies

Swish a wee drop of whiskey around the tooth. It's only temporary, but it takes the pain away. (08/11/2007)

By Lord Jock

RE: Toothache Remedies

Toothache Remedies

It sounds crazy but Cayenne pepper. Just rub a little bit around the tooth or in the cavity and the pain will be gone! It's a little spicy but its worth it. (09/30/2007)

By Elizabeth

Toothache Remedies

I have a killer toothache right now. Not so bad as it was 15 minutes ago (hurt so bad I was crying).
I took too much Tylenol, which is bad for you but the pain was overwhelming. Then sprayed chloraseptic spray in my mouth and directed it towards my tooth. Still hurts, but bearable.

I want to thank you guys. I am seriously about to head out for some clove oil and for peroxide. I hope this works. Thank you. (10/15/2007)

By Meghan

Toothache Remedies

Most dentists nowadays take credit and even do their own financing. Better to make some arrangement with the dentist and have the work done, make a small deposit and pay later, rather than risk developing an abscess! Most dentists would be happy to discuss this option. Phone around until you find one who will work with you. If you have no dental insurance, see if there is a dental school near you - or get that medical "discount plan" that means you don't have to pay the full fee. Just get the proper antibiotics and don't wait too long! Take lots of Vit. C, too. (10/15/2007)

By pamphyila

Toothache Remedies

Bad teeth and gums seem to run in our family no matter how much we brush and take care of our mouths. My 2nd daughter had some really bad teeth that got started when her 1st husband kicked her in the mouth with steel toed boots and cracked all the front ones. She'd have abscesses so bad she was delirious. But it wouldn't be just one, it would be the whole mouth.

It got so bad one time, she finally went to the hospital and they told her,her whole head was abscessed and if it hit her brain or her heart she'd die. She finally has dentures thank god!! These teeth are nothing to play with! (05/28/2008)

By CindyM56

Toothache Remedies

I've never had a toothache, so I haven't been able to try what someone told me: put your ear (the one on the same side as the tooth) over boiling hot water. Apparently the vapour is supposed to help make the pain go away (in 5 minutes), just be careful not to burn yourself cause it can be really hot. I don't know if it works, but if you have a killer toothache, I guess you'd try anything. (10/16/2008)

By Carol

Toothache Remedies

Try baking soda and warm water a small teaspoon of salt. Rinse until all is used. It works. Afterward place a small wet tea bag for about ten minutes. This numbs it as well plus it must have some kind of anti bacteria properties because the swelling on the side of my cavity went down tremendously. Good luck to you. (10/24/2008)

By Mary

Toothache Remedies

Talk about pain, a few months back a tooth that had been slowly decaying for years just dropped off, one of my molars, the root was still intact and pretty much all that was left of the tooth was slowly getting covered up by my gum. I had planned on getting to a dentist but kept putting it off because there was no pain. Until now! This is the 2nd worst tooth ache I have ever had, and I know its most likely not going to get better unless I get this thing yanked OUT! I've been putting Oragel on the darn thing, but it only lasts for a short time, and seems to make the tooth a bit more sensitive right afterward. I have no clue what to do at this point, I guess Ill have to rest in bed until the pain knocks me unconscious.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) Quite often dentist will take emergency patients quickly. Call your dentist or if you don't have one, call around. For anyone with this type of problem, you can get bone loss, and lose other teeth if you let something decay like this. (10/30/2008)

By

Toothache Remedies

It works! A friend of mine was suffering from a horrible toothache and had no way to get any medication for it. she called me complaining and had not slept for quite sometime. Well all the old standards I knew about like liquor, oil of cloves, aspirin directly on the tooth etc, weren't available to her. I asked my 90 year old grandmother. She had read something in a 1920's local paper. Sounded nutty to me. But I told my friend about it. And what do you know. It actually worked and she went to sleep within 20 minutes comfortably. It's totally natural.

(Remedy)
Grandma says "Take a raisin and split it open. Fill it with pepper. Place on the bad tooth or area where you are hurting and leave it there. Within 20 minutes you should be feeling some relief." Don't thank god. Thank my grandma.
(02/10/2009)

By XDarkSyntaX

Man With Toothache
Home Remedies For Toothache
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores
🎉
🎄