Remedies for a Sore Tongue

Category Home Remedies
There are many causes for experiencing a sore tongue. Once you have been able to determine the cause there are remedies available to you. This is a guide about remedies for a sore tongue.

Is there a home remedy for when the end of your tongue is sore? I can't eat anything tomatoey or acidic because it hurts/stings. Any suggestions, what do you do? Thanks.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

Answers

Best Answer

I, too, am experiencing the same problem with my tongue. For the past couple of days I have been using Jason's Healthy Mouth Tea Tree toothpaste. It seems to be helping. You can get it at iherb.com and at the same time you can read the reviews of other users.
Good Luck!

Best Answer

One of the best things I have found is to rinse your mouth with salt water. One tsp. salt to about 8 oz. warm water. Use it several times a day. I'm sure you will find it to be effective.

An occasional cold sore in the mouth can be painful. To help heal any cuts in the mouth I apply hydrogen peroxide to a q-tip and dab the affected area.

the HP helps to kill any germs and speeds the healing process.

I use orabase paste at the store. The paste kind not only numbs the canker sore but it creates a patch where no food can touch it.